Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 92 xr250r and was wondering if anyone would know what jets were required if I were to: remove the snorkel, add a k&n air filter and a dep tailpipe (the one on dirtbikestore.co.uk)? This is assuming a rejet is required. Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Hi, I have a 92 xr250r and was wondering if anyone would know what jets were required if I were to: remove the snorkel, add a k&n air filter and a dep tailpipe (the one on dirtbikestore.co.uk)? This is assuming a rejet is required. Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
No 2 bikes will be the same make your changes put a new plug in it then ride it for 20 mins and see what the plug tells you when you remove it, the plug doesn't lie. May not even need rejetting your not changing capacity. In theory removing the snorkel will make it run leanner as more air entering the engine, air filter could go either way and depends how much oil and how thick it is when you oil the air filter so that could allow more air through or less if the oil is thick and tacky. Dep pipe on my 400 made no difference only a bit lighter and poorer quality then the original pipe

·
Red Blooded Biker
922 Posts
As has been said a plug chop would be the best idea.

I fitted loads of bits to my XR400...see Godon's mods in the 'Sticky' page, but the 250 is a differant animal, so tread with care as not so many people seem to have modified their 250 as have 400 owners.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for the replies, seems the best option is just trial and error so i'll make the changes then see if i need to touch the carb.

Dep pipe on my 400 made no difference only a bit lighter and poorer quality then the original pipe
Do you know of a better exhaust? I only wanted a new one as my original one is badly dented/rusted and the dep one is the only one I could find to fit the earlier xr's. Most seem to be for the 96 onwards model. Would these still fit?

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Thank you very much for the replies, seems the best option is just trial and error so i'll make the changes then see if i need to touch the carb.

Do you know of a better exhaust? I only wanted a new one as my original one is badly dented/rusted and the dep one is the only one I could find to fit the earlier xr's. Most seem to be for the 96 onwards model. Would these still fit?

Anything that fit's a 96 should fit a 99 they are the same pipe, i wasn't impressed with the dep. I didn't seem to be put together that well or very robust, maybe try FMF or LEO VINCE, i'm happy with the original pipe it well built takes knocks and bangs well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anything that fit's a 96 should fit a 99 they are the same pipe
Yeah but mine is a 92, do you think they would fit that? I'm more worried about having to weld a mount or something as I have no experience in that sort of thing.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Yeah but mine is a 92, do you think they would fit that? I'm more worried about having to weld a mount or something as I have no experience in that sort of thing.
Don't see why not any reputable dealer would advise you if there's any doubt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts