Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought with 20,300m on the clock and this happened the other day.

Note the compulsory KTM fuel light

So 10,000 miles in 3.5 months and am I happy with it. :thumbup:

Service time now thought and just ordered a water pump shaft kit and shim kit :(

And just for the record I was spinning the front wheel with my hammer drill to get the photo ;)

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Well isnt spinning the front wheel along with your drill cheeting for mileage I mean you could be some weirdo who wants a 100,000 miles on his bike without ever running the engine:D

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Only another 8000miles and you will have the same mileage as me:D
Ashley

That's encouraging to see. Has it been a clean sheet or have you had to do any recalls / remedial work / modifications etc?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Ashley

That's encouraging to see. Has it been a clean sheet or have you had to do any recalls / remedial work / modifications etc?
On the whole I can’t complain so far I have done

Changed the oil jet which still had the blanking plug in
Changed all the water hose for Samco ones as I had 2 hose split on me.
Replaced both the fork seals.
Replaced the swing arm bearings.
Replaced the carb boot rubber (had a split in it)
Balanced the cards (long way out, small job but what a difference)
Changed the water pump seal and shaft.
Changed the fuel lines (old ones starting to split)
Replaced part of the exhaust rusted through.
Changed the sump guard as standard one is crap
Changed clutch slave cylinder as KTM one in crap

Things I must do before Morocco.

Change Fuel pump for a facet.
Change rear disc (getting very thin)
Chain and sprockets

Other things that have happened

Bent my front rim on the HUMM this year.
After changing the carb boot rubber I just could not get it to run right I was getting flames coming back up the inlet you could see them looking down the rear carb my fear was I had burnt a valve out as I had ridden back fron the HUMM like this. Had a garage take it away as I had run out of ideas, a day later it was returned running perfectly but the garage had found nothing wrong with it so I still don’t know what was up with it. I have put some miles on it now and it seems fine.
Also changing the rear tyre is a big pain, the tyre is very hard to get off the rim, Dysan can vouch for this:D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow that's quite a list of bits done. How many miles have you actually ridden it since you got it?

My list so far
Replaced the rear brake pedal after binning it and breaking it. (TT will be coming to avoid this in future)
Replaced the O ring on the clutch slave, and its still going.
Gone through 3 back tyres
Basically ridden its wheels off consuming an estimated 1125 litres of unleaded in the process.

Things to be done soon
Replace rear tyre its about goosed
Replace chain and sprocket
Change Oil and filter
Check valve clearances (waiting shim kit)
Replace slave cylinder with aftermarket
Replace mirrors with folding ones (again)
Replace fuel pump with facet
Grind 8inch off the inner of the rear wheel (allows easier change)
Replace the bolt I noticed has departed from my centre stand
Replace battery (it needs jump start after 2 days stood now)
Replace water pump seal and shaft

Before Morocco
Strip to frame, engine and forks clean, check and reassemble.
Swap to a Dunlop 908 on the rear.

Ash, get an Excel rim on the front, a narrower one to stop it bending so easily.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have done about 10,000miles, I’m still on the original fuel pump, and my water pump seal was OK when I changed it but I had no idea when it was last done, I changed the sump guard after the first trip to the Peaks, I put a big crack in the KTM one. The first water hose went some time ago and I just changed that one but the second one went in Spain on the way back from the HUMM so that’s when a made the decision to change all of them, The clutch slave cylinder was not leaking when I changed it but after reading so much about them leaking I changed it just in case. The front wheel is not to bad so I’m going to leave it for a while. I have had a Dunlop 908 on for over 3000miles and it’s still going strong, I will defiantly use this tyre again. I moved my bike last night and I seem to have developed a squeak from possibly the fear shock or the swing arm so looks like I’ll be taking that off again.:rolleyes:

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Ashley

Hmmm, gettin itchy bum syndrome Paul ?.:D:D.

22k on mine and x1 clutch seal. apart from that.........Perfick.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Hmmm, gettin itchy bum syndrome Paul ?.:D:D.

22k on mine and x1 clutch seal. apart from that.........Perfick.
I was very tempted when Pete was going to sell his and have this aswell as the AT.

After riding it for 2hrs in the Peaks both on and off road I loved the engine but it brought the hooligan in me out again. I found it difficult to keep it below 8000 rpm :blob4: and how quickly it got there was awesome. Add in some MP3 and rock music and I'll lose my licence for deffo

Does not quite go with my velvety smooth smoking jacket riding style though !!

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts