Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the market for the above....any suggestions for something good and not too expensive please...? I have used the Kyham Igloo which was a good size tent but found the porch and entrance a tad too small for my size......any tip welcome and thanks:thumbup:

this one any good.....Vango Ark 300 DS 3 Man Tent - Yellow (5023518690506) | eBay

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Have a look at the kyam mcinley its good 3 man size.:joker:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have a look at the kyam mcinley its good 3 man size.:joker:
thanks J, is it the same as the Kyam biker...?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have a Vango Omega 350 which I find very good. About 5kg in weight, poles small enough to fit in Honda 45l topbox, porch is nearly as big as tent. Good size for 2 but would need to intimate for 3, the porch groundsheet is detatchable which is handy if site very muddy and for cleaning. Has a HH of 5000 and very easy to erect on your own, used mine a couple of times January / February in snow and cold conditions without drama. Hope this helps

Reactions: Tony Varadero

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Not that I'm implying your bigger than the average bloke:rolleyes:
and what would make you think that...??? lol

well I could try and take both boys on the Dero but that may prove slightly impractical..may it not....;)

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
That tent looks good for the money Antonio

The McInley is like theBiker

Reactions: Tony Varadero

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
What I'd like is a big dome or tunnel porch that I can stand in with a small two-man bedroom. I'd like it small and light.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Vango Omega 350 would get my vote

·
KTM 990 ADV
341 Posts
+ another for the Vango Omega 350, brilliant:blob7:

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
What I'd like is a big dome or tunnel porch that I can stand in with a small two-man bedroom. I'd like it small and light.
If the budget allows then these are the bollocks... i can stand up in Stuarts and either bedroom can be left out for extra room, very pricey though, looking at about £600+.

Buy Online - Lightweight family tent that re-defines family and group camping

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
We use a Eurohike Avon, bought half price for £40 from Millets, 3 man, big enough porch for both of us to sit in and eat if the weather's poor. On its second yr and going strong!
I don't believe in spending a fortune on a tent, we change ours every couple of yrs. Nice and fresh!

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Second hand exped big bear. You can stand up in it and park the bike in it if needed.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thank you all.....I am not looking at big money....tend to side with Africajim on this, but once again some very good advice from you all guys:thumbup:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
If the budget allows then these are the bollocks... i can stand up in Stuarts and either bedroom can be left out for extra room, very pricey though, looking at about £600+.

Buy Online - Lightweight family tent that re-defines family and group camping
Oooh! tempted.

Be interested to see the 2-man version, which comes in lighter than my Coleman Phad 2-mad tent and would not require an awning

Terra Nova Laser Space 2 - www.craigdonmountainsports.com

Mind you, the 5 would be lighter than the tent and awning and be a huge space, especially if you didn't even take the 3-man bedroom.

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
J can't find any mcinley out there so I have narrowed it down to biker and omega 350......what will win it is height and length of sleeping area. I am too flipping tall....

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
J can't find any mcinley out there so I have narrowed it down to biker and omega 350......what will win it is height and length of sleeping area. I am too flipping tall....
I've got an Igloo and a Biker. Have to say I prefer the Biker, mainly because of the porch. I can't be bothered putting tents up the old fashioned way any more, had enough years of threading poles etc, so other makes are out for me. The Biker has less room inside the sleeping bit than the Igloo though, I always leave the inner door open so doesn't bother me too much, I just treat it as one big tent rather than two parts.

The Kyham groundsheet is well worth having. I leave a little bit of bare ground inside my porch though and peg my cooker down so it can't be knocked over or wobble and lose a pot/pan of food as has happened in the past.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts