Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Matt
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting my F650 killed by a blind BMW driver last weekend:cussing: I'm on the hunt for a new bike. I only passed my A2 test last December so I'm still stuck with my 33BHP restriction:(
I've always liked ATs but has anyone got any experience of restricting one to 33BHP?

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Take a couple of spark plugs out :thumbup:

:teeth::teeth::teeth:

Sorry to hear about the F650 mate. :(

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
I don't know what they'd be like restricted, but they're listed on this page in the section under 'restriction kits available':

http://www.batmotorcycles.co.uk/33bhp.asp

I'd have guessed being not that powerful to begin with (in comparison to say a 750 sports bike) it wouldn't be such a leap down to 33bhp (I think they're only about 50 to 60 to begin with?), but they're also quite heavy so not sure how that would effect things (maybe it would slow them down a bit too much compared to restricting lighter bikes?). Not really sure though.

·
DILLIGAF
1,685 Posts
I don't think an AT weighs much more than a TA to be honest, and my 33BHP TA has no problem pulling even my hefty ass around, so I'd assume it would be okay :dontknow:.

·
Matt
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, an @ is only about 45kg heavier than a TA, I'm getting excited now:toothy8:

Thanks guys:thumbright:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts