Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and nice to meet you all! I have been experimenting with 3D printing for a while, and I have designed and printed those nasty choke adaptors that always break! I have printed them in a special type of ABS plastic durable to temperatures up to 140 celcius. Have them on the bike for 3 months now and are working great! Please let me know what you think!
IMG_4686-2.jpg
IMG_4687-2.jpg
IMG_4688-2.jpg
IMG_4695-2.jpg
IMG_20181128_214638-211.jpg
IMG_20181128_214913-211.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very very cool is what I think! I am just starting to get into the 3D printing world and mc part ideas provide all sort of ideas.

How long did it take you to design it? Is the hi temp material expensive?

Thanks

·
Registered
745 Posts
Looks good and very innovative - Not just for RD07 but its a part prone to age related failure on a lot of Hondas! i.e Firestorm etc.

Do you have a link (eBay?) to purchase or do we contact you directly? and if so how much?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very very cool is what I think! I am just starting to get into the 3D printing world and mc part ideas provide all sort of ideas.

How long did it take you to design it? Is the hi temp material expensive?

Thanks
The first design was made in an afternoon and tested with PLA on my home printer. Then I changed it 3 more times to get the fitment correct. Once I was happy, I send the file to a professional to print it on ABS. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good and very innovative - Not just for RD07 but its a part prone to age related failure on a lot of Hondas! i.e Firestorm etc.

Do you have a link (eBay?) to purchase or do we contact you directly? and if so how much?
I have some for sale on ebay. The price is £10.00 for a pair + shipping. Here is the link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264142952180

1 - 5 of 5 Posts