Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quiet simple really guy's...I've got my 4000 mile service about 300 miles away...:( and was just wondering what you would expect to pay and more importantly what should be included...No doubt the usual oil and filter change along with checking chain tension.

The other thing is...Would you expect to get a better deal from where you brought the bike from?:thumbright:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Quiet simple really guy's...I've got my 4000 mile service about 300 miles away...:( and was just wondering what you would expect to pay and more importantly what should be included...No doubt the usual oil and filter change along with checking chain tension.

The other thing is...Would you expect to get a better deal from where you brought the bike from?:thumbright:

There's not much in the 4k service so i would find out what your dealer charges per hour. It would then be 1hour labour roughly, oil filter, oil + vat. If you search back i put th eprice of what i paid for a 32k service and that is the big one with valve check

·
No Going Back
84 Posts
Best answer is Do it yourself! and save some money. if you buy the parts(oil and filter) from your local dealer and prove you have changed them they should stamp the service book for you. The rest is just a basic nut and bolt check. More or less the same for 8k service too, but look at brake pads as well.(brake fluid if over 2 years)

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
I assume this is the 1000 varadero. If so the oil change is every 8k. The 4k "service" is a check of nuts and bolts and cables and stuff. It is not worth paying a dealer to do it. If you do, insist that you watch what they do and time it so you can be sure they have done something worth paying for and you have paid the right number of minutes (or seconds even!!)

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
The 4000 mile service on the alp is just full of checks.
If you have a handbook look in that too see what it says.
I do the 4000 mile service on my bike about once a month.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts