Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Clutchup.co.za
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night, I suggested we go for a ride. I decided on the cederberg area, just outside cape town.

Before I knew it, we were back home and had done 400km for the day. I must admit. My rear is pretty tender right now. Luckily my fiance used the airhawk, but she taking it real bad. She cant move. (newbie)

Bike ran well, until it started missing and spluttering(I figured it had to be electrical as it was almost like the kill switch was being pressed. Presto, the neg battery terminal came loose. I sorted that and it was fine.

150km later, throwing the bike into a nice long right hand sweeper, a small intermittent miss-fire came about again (felt similar to the previous) I pulled off and checked and it seemed fine.

I have a facet fuelpump so I doubt that would be a problem. Strange thing is, I dont even know where the rectifier is located? So any electrical gremlin is pointing me to that direction.

Anyhow, after the miss fire, I pulled off, rechecked the battery terminals and rode on another 100km. Bike ran fine and our only complaint was open road cruising, at 140kph it really feels like shes working too hard.

Got some nice pics. Will post them later,:toothy7:

Man I love this AT.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
last night, I suggested we go for a ride. I decided on the cederberg area, just outside cape town.

Before I knew it, we were back home and had done 400km for the day. I must admit. My rear is pretty tender right now. Luckily my fiance used the airhawk, but she taking it real bad. She cant move. (newbie)

Bike ran well, until it started missing and spluttering(I figured it had to be electrical as it was almost like the kill switch was being pressed. Presto, the neg battery terminal came loose. I sorted that and it was fine.

150km later, throwing the bike into a nice long right hand sweeper, a small intermittent miss-fire came about again (felt similar to the previous) I pulled off and checked and it seemed fine.

I have a facet fuelpump so I doubt that would be a problem. Strange thing is, I dont even know where the rectifier is located? So any electrical gremlin is pointing me to that direction.

Anyhow, after the miss fire, I pulled off, rechecked the battery terminals and rode on another 100km. Bike ran fine and our only complaint was open road cruising, at 140kph it really feels like shes working too hard.

Got some nice pics. Will post them later,:toothy7:

Man I love this AT.
Glad to hear your enjoying your new AT...but let's be honest...2 up sucks on an Africa Twin. At 140 kph with 2 up the AT will be labouring without a doubt. For an extended trip with your fiance you may want a Varadero...if you want to save that future marriage. :D

·
Clutchup.co.za
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad to hear your enjoying your new AT...but let's be honest...2 up sucks on an Africa Twin. At 140 kph with 2 up the AT will be labouring without a doubt. For an extended trip with your fiance you may want a Varadero...if you want to save that future marriage. :D

Granted. But the Vara's have gone too soft recently. I would consider a mk1, but even so I might as well be driving a v8 van with the amount of fuel that drinks.

Im going to re-gear and see what gives. Bike is really happy at around 5500-6000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts