Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 37th in a fortnight and family are already banging on about my 40th and what i'm doing for it, i'm going out to the TT as i've not yet been to that.

However i keep thinking what should i buy myself as a 40th present to myself. I don't do jewelry i've got watches but something keeps coming into my head and is saying "Buy a GSXR750 or a Hayabusa" i looked at them in the dealer across the road from me this weekend a gsxr is £9k and a Hayabusa is £11k not that i intend buying new. I got 2 problems with this 1 i don't know where it keeps coming from as the only bike i fancy buying is a CB1300 the other issue is i got 2 bikes in the garage now not getting used enough as it is. So what should i do, or what suggestions do you have for me buying myself a pressie.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I got my first kid for my 40th so I have had no money since then until an endowment paid out this year. And my wife seems determined to spend most of it on taking us and the kids to Disneyworld next year. Hayabusa's eat tyres so factor that in (my mate was getting through a rear every 800 miles). I'm 50 in 13 months and I'm gonna have a big party, do a real ale weekend on a steam train and go back to Europe on the AT (thanks to Nick and all the guys on the Dambuster Run who have given me the bug to roam!)
;)

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I got my first kid for my 40th so I have had no money since then until an endowment paid out this year. And my wife seems determined to spend most of it on taking us and the kids to Disneyworld next year. Hayabusa's eat tyres so factor that in (my mate was getting through a rear every 800 miles). I'm 50 in 13 months and I'm gonna have a big party, do a real ale weekend on a steam train and go back to Europe on the AT (thanks to Nick and all the guys on the Dambuster Run who have given me the bug to roam!)
;)
I'm in a similar positon to what you were as i had my first at 35, he'll be 2 in November. I've heard they go through tyres for fun i can't see me buying another bike though as i'm not using mine enough now so it seems abit pointless having money sitting in the garage. Heard alot of people say how expensive it is going to Disneyland so sympathise with you there. I'm taking my boy to Lapland for his belated 4th birthday(birthday November we'll go in January) we'll go right after christmas then he can sleep in the ice palace so thats the same sort of cost as your disneyland trip which will occur roughly the same time as my 40th give or take a few months. Roughly working it out me the wife and boy a week in lapland with various excursions roughly £4k;);)

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Roughly working it out me the wife and boy a week in lapland with various excursions roughly £4k;);)
WTH!!!!!!! Serious GULP! time there, Jason... ;)

I would prefer a week in Madeira for 3 and get some winter sun, and still have £2k left :D Still, I believe these trips are a bit amazing.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WTH!!!!!!! Serious GULP! time there, Jason... ;)

I would prefer a week in Madeira for 3 and get some winter sun, and still have £2k left :D Still, I believe these trips are a bit amazing.
I work in a fridge mate, i couldn't think of a worse holiday than being stuck in some area where you cant get away from the sun. I went to Corfu about 10 years back and it hit 48 degrees everyday it was the worst holiday i ever had and i thought Corfu was a s*it hole. Alteast with snow and ice if you feel cold you can move about to warm up or put a jumper on in the sun you cant get away from it.

Also Lapland they do day excursions on Skidoo's :D i've never been on one of them yet, can't ride them in madeira

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
I work in a fridge mate, i couldn't think of a worse holiday than being stuck in some area where you cant get away from the sun. I went to Corfu about 10 years back and it hit 48 degrees everyday it was the worst holiday i ever had and i thought Corfu was a s*it hole. Alteast with snow and ice if you feel cold you can move about to warm up or put a jumper on in the sun you cant get away from it.

Also Lapland they do day excursions on Skidoo's :D i've never been on one of them yet, can't ride them in madeira
Cracking mountain roads in Madeira and you can hire m'bikes... You could hire a jet-ski instead of of the skidoo :D

Weather is 20-24C all year round. Perfect for a Brit IMO :) Anything over 26C is too much for me. Optimum is 20-25C for summer. :thumbright:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cracking mountain roads in Madeira and you can hire m'bikes... You could hire a jet-ski instead of of the skidoo :D

Weather is 20-24C all year round. Perfect for a Brit IMO :) Anything over 26C is too much for me. Optimum is 20-25C for summer. :thumbright:
I can do jet ski's any day within a few miles of my house :thumbup::thumbup:. Last couple of weeks have killed me i've been spending as much time in my car as possible as it has very cold air con. Anything over 13 degrees and i sweat like a peado in playground. Been up in mothers loft today doing somemore on the boys trainset and only managed a hour and half up there water was just running out of me

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
I can do jet ski's any day within a few miles of my house :thumbup::thumbup:. Last couple of weeks have killed me i've been spending as much time in my car as possible as it has very cold air con. Anything over 13 degrees and i sweat like a peado in playground. Been up in mothers loft today doing somemore on the boys trainset and only managed a hour and half up there water was just running out of me
Yep, I can relate to your "issues" over the recent hot spell. I have a small Korean tractor purchased last year and i would say that it must get pretty hot and muggy in Korea, as the A/C in it is superb for such a tiny bit of kit.... Guess where I could be found with some "important work" to do :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Whatever you decide to do, make it something you can look back on with joy and delight. Life ain't a practise run, you only get one shot at it. (unless you are a Bhuddist I guess) Just a thought, have you considered the Honda Blackbird? Cracking tool but not quite as hard on tyres as the 'Busa I'm told.
Whatever, friend, just DO IT ! Les

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Whatever you decide to do, make it something you can look back on with joy and delight. Life ain't a practise run, you only get one shot at it. (unless you are a Bhuddist I guess) Just a thought, have you considered the Honda Blackbird? Cracking tool but not quite as hard on tyres as the 'Busa I'm told.
Whatever, friend, just DO IT ! Les
Funnily enough i went out about 10 years ago to buy a Blackbird and came home with my Vardero :D:D see they are cheap at the moment aswell and alot of bike for the money

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, I can relate to your "issues" over the recent hot spell. I have a small Korean tractor purchased last year and i would say that it must get pretty hot and muggy in Korea, as the A/C in it is superb for such a tiny bit of kit.... Guess where I could be found with some "important work" to do :)
What is your small korean tractor ???

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
What is your small korean tractor ???
Kioti. EX50 HST I have been very impressed with it's abilities. I had it on turf tyres to allow me access to fields in the Spring 2-4 weeks earlier with machinery. A little bit noisy inside the cab and has a few rattles and jangling of springs, some of which I have now sorted.

After my 100 horse 4WD had gearbox problems a few weeks ago, I did all my silage and hay work with the Kioti, even the round baling...!

Brochure

1 - 12 of 12 Posts