Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Dave this is a well known problem on the CRF's and it happened to me , only solution when the spokes no longer tighten up is to have a re spoke

·
Registered
183 Posts
Every Honda CR or CRF I have had has done the same, I tighten mine after every ride and the only solution is to have them respoked using HD spokes, I use a local guy but if he is busy Talon do a good set.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Every Honda CR or CRF I have had has done the same, I tighten mine after every ride and the only solution is to have them respoked using HD spokes, I use a local guy but if he is busy Talon do a good set.
What are HD spokes?
excuse my ignorance
Thanks

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
The spokes on the rear wheels of my new 450s are constantly loosening up. I check them before (and during!) every ride and they always need tightening. Anyone else had this problem?
Take the tyre off and put a small bit of loctite in the screw then tighten them up. You can break loctite easily enough when they need adjusting with gentle heat. Or buy a tube of Chemical metal and put in the threads that will increase the friction and stop them unwinding but won't go hard like loctite

·
sfx wheels
806 Posts
waste of time loctite ing fresh air , if theres a gap at the tyre side of the nipple bigger than a couple or 4 mill where the spoke should be , then theres no thread embedment in the nipple

ie the spokes are too short !!!!!!! , take the tyre and rim tape off and have a look see ,,,,,,,,,,, theres only 2 reasons why spokes will constantly come loose

1 , nipple and spokes are not both the same thread gauge ,,,,,,, surprisingly not that un common , especially when someone decides to replace rusty nipples with new aftermarket ones

2 , the spokes arent long enough ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts