Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Don't care as long as there's alcohol and chilli

Votes: 7 33.3%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well do we want to stay in our traditional haunt in Pembroke Dock or look for somewhere else?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Might be worth looking for something not quite so far into Wales with nice roads etc or places to visit.

But the suitability of the accommodation will be hard to match so happy to come back.

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just had a look and the number of attendees makes it very difficult. Found a few places that do 28 but as we know we get quite a few more then that.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Pembroke for me

Excellent location and loads of places to ride :thumbup:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
That's the problem. Bunkhouses that take over 25 are few and far between.
Not just that but nice quality bunk houses and with rooms that couples can inhabit. I think we're going to be there for many years to come.

Still worth a look though. Just in case.

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not just that but nice quality bunk houses and with rooms that couples can inhabit. I think we're going to be there for many years to come.
That's one of the big attractions. All the others I've looked at have multi bedded rooms ranging from four to eight.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Im happy with Pembroke :thumbright:

Dont fix it if it aint broke :thumbup:

Or are you just bored Mike and need something to do :D:D:D

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
As much as I would like to explore Wales further I think the Pembroke venues is ideal for our requirements affordable, good facilities, reasonably close to pubs and supermarkets yet far enough from civilisation for us not to be a problem :thumbup: Purfic!

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Or are you just bored Mike and need something to do :D:D:D
Nah mate. What you're seeing here is democracy in action.

However if I don't like the result that right could be withdrawn. :D:D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Pembroke dock is lush. BUT i personally would prefer to go somewhere different. Maybe north wales? e.g. chamois mountaineering club hut near llanberis sleeps 46 people for 320 quid for a weekend booking. Its not a hotel like P.Diddly Dock but worth considering, if we could wangle a booking.

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pembroke dock is lush. BUT i personally would prefer to go somewhere different. Maybe north wales? e.g. chamois mountaineering club hut near llanberis sleeps 46 people for 320 quid for a weekend booking. Its not a hotel like P.Diddly Dock but worth considering, if we could wangle a booking.
Unfortunately we don't appear to qualify

Usage

The CHAmois Mountaineering Centre is available for use by members, BMC affiliated clubs, CHA & HF groups, Education Authorities and other groups involved in outdoor pursuits in North Wales

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
My concern with north Wales would be the weather in February. The benefit of West Wales is that because it's costal the weather is usually a bit milder

Its that North South devide again :rolleyes: :toothy7::toothy7::toothy7:

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
I think stick at Pembroke :thumbright:

Its got everything we need including good BMW parking :D

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
I think stick at Pembroke :thumbright:

Its got everything we need including Mysterious BMW parking :D
fixed it for ya

looking at the Poll we have a situation......No overall majority.......so what to do? stuff 'em pembroke it is:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts