Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
That was most excellent!!!!

In part three I recognised that rock stepped lane with the drop off to the right. I was so determined to get up it in one go on my DR in front of some ramblers that I flew up it a little too fast.

Heard an almighty clang from the bottom of my bike half way up, thought no more of it until I tried to use my rear brake on a steep drop later on.

No brake, well not until I pressed the pedal 2 or 3 times then instant locked brake and a skid all the way down (in my pants too).

I'd actually bent my rear disc, it had wedged the pads wide open hence the no brakes till they gripped the bent part once more. Had to do the rest of the day with front brake only in the wet.

·
bike nut
1,034 Posts
good to see you guys out on the big bikes doing those tracks, i live in sheffield so they are all my 'local' tracks ;) lucky me rocks, rocks and more rocks! luv it! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
excellent videos :thumbright:

Those Yamaha Tenere's made it look like a breeze. I am fancying one of those.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
excellent videos :thumbright:

Those Yamaha Tenere's made it look like a breeze. I am fancying one of those.
That’s for the positive comments
The Yamaha Tenere's seem as good as any other bike off road but one was dropped at 8/10mph crossing a rut and it smashed the plastic panel on the tank the plastic is very brittle it would have been better in a softer plastic, also when on the road they don’t seem to have much overtaking power don’t get me wrong they will do 100mph plus but I found when the Yam was overtaking and I went with them I found myself braking because I had so much more oompf to get by things on the KTM, so you would have to change your riding stile if you have a more powerful bike, but they did return almost twice the fuel consumption but some of that my be my fault :rolleyes:

·
Brrrummm!
317 Posts
Roych Clough! Pinn Dale! Stanage Edge! Awesome - in my back yard. I only ride these on my mountain bike. Hats off to the Five and great videos.

Mark

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Great video Ashley as usual :thumbup: Love Stanage Edge, must get up that way again sometime.

How did you break the bead on that 950? I find my rear wheel to be a complete b*@tard to break the bead :mad:

Bob.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great video Ashley as usual :thumbup: Love Stanage Edge, must get up that way again sometime.

How did you break the bead on that 950? I find my rear wheel to be a complete b*@tard to break the bead :mad:

Bob.
Hi Bob
We/I used my sidestand on my 950 i must say the TKC came off much easier, I.ve just got a Dunlop 908 to try on mine so when my engine is back in and working it will be interesting to see which one i like more the TKC or the 908

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Hi Bob
We/I used my sidestand on my 950 i must say the TKC came off much easier, I.ve just got a Dunlop 908 to try on mine so when my engine is back in and working it will be interesting to see which one i like more the TKC or the 908
Engine back in? oh dear was it a big problem then.

The Dunlop is awesome off road but has 'interesting' manners on tarmac.
Don't go over a ton with it on or you will go into a weave, trust me I know it :cwm10: still the best rear tyre though imo

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Bob, I had to get my bike RAC home as it was still running on one cylinder I found every time I cleaned the rear spark plug it was getting all fouled up straight away, long story into a short one engine out, heads off and I found a small piece of metal in the rear bore and that was bouncing around and hitting the spark plug, I was planning on taking the heads off to change the valve stem oil sills as it was puffing out blue smoke on start up and when left on tick over, (I did know this when I purchased the bike) the good news was there was very little damage done, I’ve got the engine back in but waiting for bits to finish it off I’m hoping for early to mid Jan to have it ready

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Great clips:thumbup: I rekon thats worth a big bike ride up there although the TAs ground clearance maybe a little lacking compared to the far superior Tenere an the like. maybe its best leaving it to my XR

1 - 14 of 14 Posts