Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a fuel issue. My bike starts fine, but 5 minutes down the road it stops, as if starved of fuel. If I take the tank lid off (no obvious sense of vacuum) and try to start it, it fires after a couple of presses. Then it runs fine (although it's just started to need a second stop 5minutes later). It's a 30,000 mile RD07. I'm sure the words fuel and pump will feature somewhere in the answer, but thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Sound just like mine, except mine won't start again for more than 2-3 seconds before stopping again.

I will be checking the pump first this coming weekend.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
yip fuel pump

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Hi, I have a fuel issue. My bike starts fine, but 5 minutes down the road it stops, as if starved of fuel. If I take the tank lid off (no obvious sense of vacuum) and try to start it, it fires after a couple of presses. Then it runs fine (although it's just started to need a second stop 5minutes later). It's a 30,000 mile RD07. I'm sure the words fuel and pump will feature somewhere in the answer, but thanks in advance for any advice.
Original OEM pump? yes/no

·
Hill Rider
3,094 Posts
If you decide to purchase a Facet pump from this here wonderful site, as an interim method of keeping your bike running till your new pump arrives, remove your old one and clean up the points that can be found under the rear plastic cover on the pump. Did that with mine last month and still haven't fitted the Facet pump cos the originals still working fine.

It's a temporary fix, cos the points will wear out / become pitted/ stick together in the future, so an electronic Facet pump is the way to go.

Best get mine fitted before the run north next Saturday :rolleyes:

Steve T

:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts