Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
till my test ride around scotland on the 990ADV:D:D:D:D man this week is dragging ass......i know i know i could have got one down here but wheres the fun in that:D:D

they got proper hills and everything up there:D:D:D

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
they got proper hills and everything up there:D:D:D
And it looks like they are going to be all snow-capped and picturesque , just ready for a big lump of ORANGE in the photos !!!:thumbleft::thumbleft:

I'm really looking forward to this myself.

Wrap up warm now y'hear.

·
vodka tester
476 Posts
How far are you two traveling up scotland ?
is it worth my while popping down a bit to say hello ?

Roy

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
How far are you two traveling up scotland ?
is it worth my while popping down a bit to say hello ?

Roy
The big man only has about a 4 hour riding window (with the timings of his flights and the negotiation time needed with the dealer) , so we will be heading North about as far as Dalmally / Tyndrum area - weather permitting as there are a couple of high sections on the route (Rest and Be Thankful , and the section between Dalmally and Tyndrum) - Snow is forecast for thursday/friday - If the roads are clear thats where we plan to go - if not there are plenty of other options.

·
vodka tester
476 Posts
ah a bit far to just pop from peterhead....

Roy

·
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have to keep going into the dealers site and drooling over the 990....did i tell you this weeks dragging ass:D:D:D:D

·
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bit concerned that you might have to rely on the colour for the mountain rescue bods to find you. The weather is not looking too good at the moment. Hope you are not disappointed after the wait to try out the new toy.
aye that is a bit of a worry but we will cross that bridge when we come to it:thumbup:

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
aye that is a bit of a worry but we will cross that bridge when we come to it:thumbup:
The forecast on the BBC Weather website is grim for sunday as posted tonight (wednesday). We stay calm !! We do not panic !! it's only wednesday there's lots of time for the weather forecast to change between now and then. The way the weather patterns are being "wheeched" along at the moment - anything could happen - a couple of hours either side of a front passing through can make a hell of a difference and there is no way on earth you can forecast that accurately with more than four days to go . .................. I HOPE !!!!!

There are plenty of alternatives for spending an afternoon on the bikes - but the mountains would be preferred methinks !!!

·
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The forecast on the BBC Weather website is grim for sunday as posted tonight (wednesday). We stay calm !! We do not panic !! it's only wednesday there's lots of time for the weather forecast to change between now and then. The way the weather patterns are being "wheeched" along at the moment - anything could happen - a couple of hours either side of a front passing through can make a hell of a difference and there is no way on earth you can forecast that accurately with more than four days to go . .................. I HOPE !!!!!

There are plenty of alternatives for spending an afternoon on the bikes - but the mountains would be preferred methinks !!!
absolutely mate what will be will be we shall go with the flow:D:D:D:thumbup:

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
absolutely mate what will be will be we shall go with the flow:D:D:D:thumbup:
I like the cut o' yer jib young Chad - we're roughty toughty adventure bike riders we don't let little things like water dropplets falling out the sky put us off, no way !!! We just grin and bear it , like the happy wee bunnies we are.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Three.........;)

Don't forget to pack your skis and snow shoes:D:D:D

·
chicken chaser
1,554 Posts
woke up to lashing rain and hail stones this morning
not forgeting the gale force winds as well
and this is just bolton
not the wilds of scotland
better take your survival gear with you chad

:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
woke up to lashing rain and hail stones this morning
not forgeting the gale force winds as well
and this is just bolton
not the wilds of scotland
better take your survival gear with you chad

:D:D:D:D
No i dont think he will not need that as i dont think the katie will make it out of the dealer ship showroom:D:D

1 - 20 of 67 Posts