Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
''I'M JUST POPPING OUT TO GET MILK'' I shouts.

''No worries'' she shouts back '' we're out for the day - see you about 4''

Ah hah. ''see you about 4'' !! Hmmmm. My youngest was invited to a friends birthday party - this would necessitate getting new shoes for the party, which we all know is a euphamism for new dress, new top, ear-rings, and coat to match :? so clearly they had a bout of shopping planned before the party :evil:

Sooooooo with nowhere in mind I start riding - first down the A13 then picking up the M25 for some motorway riding practice as this will be an element in the Rospa test.
I'm finding this tedious beyond belief - so it's on to the M3 and off at Junction 8 picking up the A303.

This road isn't as tedious as the motorway, although it is a big and functional dual carriageway, mainly because of the scenery. I'm thinking about taking some of the roads off it when ey up, there's Stonehenge :thumb:

The car park here is tiddly - and it was heaving with 3 buses arriving along with a steady stream of cars even during the short time I was there. There is a spot to the left immediatly on entering the car park reserved for motorcycles, and I was well impressed that given the mayham the car drivers were having trying to park, noone was parked in the motorcycle spot :D :thumb:

A quick sandwich later and I'm off down the A303 to the A372 and take first right onto the B3151. This is a lovely road, good surface and nice sweeps and twists, leading to the A39 where I hung a left after a short distance and onto the A361, another lovely A road leading to a right onto the even nicer A372 to Bridgwater.

From Bridgwater I picked up the A39 again heading towards Minehead. This stretch of the A39 is a lovely but I decided to turn off onto the A396 and bloody hell was that ever the right decision :teeth: :thumb: This road is an absolute cracker. There isn't a straight bit of tarmac on it - just lovely tight twists and turns every which way and you pass through some lovely little villages. This is Dunster, with the castle just visable top right.

It was made more interesting by the road planners who in their wisdom put dirty great big metal coverings on the line a bike would take through some of the bends, on top of which is a natural source of running water from the high verge :shock: :evil: It just means you gotta be a bit careful, but it was a ride again road - you know the sort, so good you have to ride it twice :teeth: :thumb:

There was also some sort of rally going on - lots of 'Toad of Toad Hall' cars rattling down the road, covered to the top of their wheels in mud !

It was about this time I noticed the petrol needle was below red :shock: I was having too much fun to be paying attention to such trivia as fuel gauges.

A quick divert to Dulverton ended up just wasting the little petrol I had left as the local services were closed :shock:
So it was back to the A396 and then right onto the B3227 in the hope that where it met the A361 there'd be a petrol station - open !!

This turned out to be another cracking road, lots of long sweepers with brillant visability due to faily low hedgerows. I quickly forgot I was motoring on fumes alone and settled down to really enjoying the ride and the views.

I eventually came across a parking area where 2 horse boxes had dumped their load onto the grass verge. The horses nibbled away happily on what little grass there was while I went to find someone who could reassure me there was a garage nearby.

Step forward the most stunningly beautiful young lady, in tight white jodhpurs, black mirror-polished knee high riding boots, snugly fitting riding jacket and crisp white blouse, her hair immeculately plaited under her riding hat.

''Out of petrol''? she repeats,

''Leave your bike here and come with me'' I hear her say '' We'll go back to my place where I'll run you a bath to sooth your aching limbs, we'll wine and dine each other, and later you can ravish me in that rough tradesman way I've read about in Mamaa's books''... :wink:

......what she ACTUALLY said was

''2 miles ahead, on the left, and don't scare the horses riding past'', and she threw me a filthy look :oops:

Petrol sorted, it was time to ride back - I took another divert off the B3227 down to a little place I can't remember, and a few single carriageway roads made interesting with the mix of mud on them and the rain that had been falling.

A bit more meandering and I eventually found the A361 again and now it was the M5, A358 A30 M3 M25 A13 A406 and home.

Gingerly putting the key in the door I was trying to gauge how much trouble I was going to be in. I was rehearsing all the tried and tested deflection techniques when I heard laughing from the front room. BRILLANT - I'm off the hook - she has friends over :thumb:

''Stick the kettle on Love'' she sez, 2 teas and a black coffee.
''Love'' :!: Phew. I'm in the clear.

Whistling I cheerfully boil the kettle, open the fridge and .......

.... Awwww Heck ........ :?

''I'M JUST POPPING OUT TO GET MILK'' I Shout :shock:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Top report Mr Milkman

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Brilliant! Nicely written... and such a long way in one day. I've met that lady's less-stuck-up sister, and you're right about Mamaa's books. :wink:

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
Alp you had a good ride out there mate you were not to far from me down on the west country tracks, there are some nice looking horsewomen down here but most are stuck up little cows who think they own the country cos they rent a stable and own a disco and horse box
merv

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
alpslapper said:
Step forward the most stunningly beautiful young lady, in tight white jodhpurs, black mirror-polished knee high riding boots, snugly fitting riding jacket and crisp white blouse, her hair immeculately plaited under her riding hat.
I was really enjoying this post until I scrolled down to find zero photos of crumpet in jodhpurs!

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Fantastic report.
Close to me as well but I was out with the Welsh boys and girls.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
great report mate next time you go out for milk give me a shout those carton are heavy and its wise to share the load :teeth:

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Recycler said:
alpslapper said:
I was really enjoying this post until I scrolled down to find zero photos of crumpet in jodhpurs!
Oi, sounds just like my daughter, so watch it :shock:

Sounds more like dressage gear, so technically they were probably breeches, yes there are some advantages to tagging along on show day :lol:

·
17,680 Posts
Dilbert said:
Recycler said:
alpslapper said:
Oi, sounds just like my daughter, so watch it :shock:

Sounds more like dressage gear, so technically they were probably breeches, yes there are some advantages to tagging along on show day :lol:
no wonder your having trouble with your eyes :teeth: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
17,680 Posts
Dilbert said:
No it's my back that hurts and yes Mrs D rides too :D
shit spat my cuppa everywhere :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts