Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Light restoration of my recently acquired TA is going nicely.....
Deep clean took a couple of days, everything coming up really well.
Seat now re-covered by Viking Seats near Brands Hatch - under a quarter the cost of a NOS replacement, and they made a good job of it, looks virtually as the OEM.
New stickers for the fairing panels soon to be fitted then Mot time. Will also change oil, filters etc, check valve clearances & carb balance, and maybe change the brake fluid.

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
View attachment 164508
Seat now re-covered by Viking Seats near Brands Hatch - under a quarter the cost of a NOS replacement, and they made a good job of it, looks virtually as the OEM.
New stickers for the fairing panels soon to be fitted then Mot time. Will also change oil, filters etc, check valve clearances & carb balance, and maybe change the brake fluid.
View attachment 164508

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fairing panels now back on, oil and filter changed, everything checked and ready for MoT. All in, around £1900 to buy and fettle. Looking forward to using it over the summer.... for solo rides stopping nowhere.

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3750 miles. Still has the OE Trailwing tyres which are about half worn. I've known the bike for the past 10 yrs over which time it was mostly gathering dust in a garage.

Why on earth my original post appears twice again, above, I have no clue! The site seems not as good or easy to use as before the recent 'revamp'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts