Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I am new to this forum. Just bought an XRV750rd07a full stock that I am planning to rebuild to a lighter and more offroad capable travel bike. One of the ideas is to install Supersprox sprocket and 520 pitch chain to reduce weight. Anyone any advice or experience having done this.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I can't speak of the 750 Africa Twin, but I used that combination on my '03 650 Transalp and needed a special, high grade drill bit and drill press to drill the standard 8mm holes in the 520 rear sprocket to take the 10mm bolts on the 650 hub. The weight saving was bugger all, and unless you intend to go racing, it wouldn't be worth considering. The effort required was greater than any saving in weight or cost. Fit an after market exhaust and you'll feel the weight difference when you lift the genuine exhaust off the bike. My 650 muffler is heavier than the arrow headers and MIVV muffler put together that replaced it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Jackflash, was the 520 chain strong enough for the Transalp, how did it wear (faster or equal). I am just concerned that it would not be strong enough and break.
The muffler switch I am planning too. My goal is to save 20+kg, so every kg is welcome

1 - 3 of 3 Posts