Honda XRV Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
You get what you pay for, obviously. Still, even those cheapies like paulc posted can be ok. That style housing has held up for me, anyway. I've got a pair on my GS for going on 3 years / 30k miles now in all weather, and while the mounts are a bit weak if you plan to do proper offroading, both of 'em are still working fine for me. Waterproof, close enough. Not sure you could dip them in a river, but they're fine in a Dutch Summer. ;-)

Surely the 250 quid ones will be better quality, that said I'm not sure if you get that much more out of them to make the price difference worth while. :)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
thanks lads these are the cheap ass ones I was looking at LED Spot Fog Lamp CREE Light Motorcycle Bike Car Truck Bicycles Boat Off Road | eBay I think I will wait until next year to get the proper ones . the old transalp is getting spoilt I have it a year last November and so far its got a gsxr 750 end can with an akraprovic sticker I put on it for the laugh on a custom stainless link pipe I done myself on a home made 3 hole flange and all its gas tight and all im right proud of it . it looks great sounds great gives better mpg and another 5bhp ? well a bloke on the internet says it does and that's good enough for me :thumbright:

the bike came with givi pannier racks and a few months ago I won a pair of e28 givi's for handy money .I love them and I think they are probably from the same era as the bike 1990 ? they have the Italian flag in the name badge . its got the engine bars to go on a stronger horn . I will get the seat rebuild for more comfort later in the year and its well sorted for consumables . it just got 2 new tyres and only 4k miles on the c&s set and recent seals pistons and pads on the front and new wheel bearings all round . so its in better shape than myself im half flucked with the flu .

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
LED lights...

Are you using them for ligting up the road ahead, or to gain some extra visibility and alert the cage drivers of the fact that you're heading their way?

I have yet to find a descent LED lamp with a descent price tag, that I can use to light up the road at least some 130 meters.

I saw some newly installed LED lights on a fire brigade truck a few weeks ago, and they really did light up things, but they were big and costed 550 £ each...

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
Some decent-looking long-throw leds on ADV, but as expected they're not exactly bargain material.
Long Range Extreme LED Light

Most of the cheap (and even not so cheap!) leds have a bunch of those led-with-a-little-cone-reflector on them. They're great for wide beam fill in type lights, but they don't really have a long reach without a decent reflector.

I live in the wrong country for high speed high beam hijinks so I don't need long range ones. The cheapies are fine for my use:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
...it looks great sounds great gives better mpg and another 5bhp ? well a bloke on the internet says it does and that's good enough for me...
I would say another 10 bhp. I have absolutely no justification for that number, but I'm a bloke on the Internet so I must be right.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts