Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Hill Rider
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well, thats the old girl just rolled past 12k miles. Nearly 1700 trouble free miles since I put her on the road at the beginning of April. Cracking machine, that now speaks with a true V-twin voice after I fitted a Fuel can to it :D :thumbup:. Doesn't affect the fueling or the bikes ride-ability, but it sure does sound quicker :D :D :D

Steve T

:cool:

Reactions: 650 Fred

·
Hill Rider
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thats another camping trip under the old girld skirts.

Attended the ADVScotland rally at Strontian and the Alp did me proud, running faultlessly through a deluge to get there on Thursday, sitting under a cover all Friday and getting pounded by a full 24hrs of rain, then taking me for a luverly run oround the peninsular and then home yesterday (I bailed early as it was dry yesterday afternoon but today was set to be wet, wet, wet again :rolleyes: ).

Over 2k miles rolled on this old girl now and I honestly feel like my arse was always meant to in the saddle of one of these bikes (I should have learnt my lesson with my first 600 :happy7:).

Just my ramblings.

Steve T

Reactions: 650 Fred

·
Hill Rider
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Phil,

If you want pictures of rain then I'm yer man :D. Gotta few photies but to be honest, nothing great. I will be going through them later and will fire whats worth viewing up.

Yes, there most certainly is something about the Alp. There were 6 at Strontian - 2 x 600's, 3 x 650's and 1 x 700. The most popular bike at the meet if you add them all up :thumbup:

Steve T

·
Hill Rider
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Just for you Phil . . .

Steve T

·
Hill Rider
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
A few piccies from todays bimble . . .

Steve T

·
Hill Rider
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Little wander out into the rain laden clouds this morning . . .

Linn of Dee Glen

Time for a little dirty trail :D

Steve T

·
Hill Rider
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Put the old girl back on the road - got fed up of just looking at her sitting under her winter blanket - its a bike - ride it, right?

Kingston 311219.jpg

SteveT

·
Hill Rider
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Self isolating . . .

Steve T

Reactions: mazak

·
Hill Rider
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Weather for the west coast of Scotland was forecast to be excellent, so who am I to deny myself the enjoyable job of accompanying eldest son and his lady on a ride to the sunny side of Scotland (well, it’s sunny today . . . .wait a while and it can change . . . dramatically).

Took Dads route out, avoiding as many main roads as possible, because that’s where the bends are to be found. As we headed further into the Highlands, the better the weather got, with gloriously blue skies with nice fluffy white clouds as contrast welcoming us as we neared our destination.

Headed for that well documented pass over the hills to Applecross and for the first time ever we were met with NO TRAFFIC, either coming the other way or getting in our way.

After a brief rest in the shade whilst we nibbled our cucumber sandwiches (no crusts) and sipped our tea, we headed back over the pass and wended our way to the picturesque village of Plockton. The views on route were stunning. Traffic had, however, built up – I think we passed at least two cars.

After Plockton, following more bendy roads, we found ourselves parked next to this iconic landmark castle . . .

Back along the shores of Cluanie Loch and then Loch Ness on very, very empty roads in either direction, back through Inverness and then home.

290 miles on the old thrumming Transalp, with the growling R1200GS LC always in my mirrors.

Steve T

·
Hill Rider
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Thanks Wuyang.

Bike is now residing with its new owner near Tomintoul, sitting along side another 1998 Transalp 600 thats inline for a deep strip and re-build.

Fond memories but moving on . . . .

Steve T

21 - 35 of 35 Posts