Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
seems to be a lot of older transalps suddenly making an appearance some for ridiculous money! compared to newer ta700 DO you think this is jumping on the bandwagon of the emerging adventure bike market?

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
possibly. i think spring is the time lots of people sell their bikes anyway, and maybe the scarcity of decent TA 600s is prompting some people to sell theirs.

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
seems to be a lot of older transalps suddenly making an appearance some for ridiculous money! compared to newer ta700 DO you think this is jumping on the bandwagon of the emerging adventure bike market?
I don't think adv bikes are an emerging market, more like chancers on ebay etc expecting dealer money for shonkey old bikes :)

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Used TA 600 prices seem to be this:

• tatty/non-runner/high miles - £400 to £600

• average miles (40-60,000) - £600 to £900

• low miles (under 30,000) good condition - £900 to £1,600

add up to £300 for extras (racks/luggage/screens/stands/grips etc)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, new on here. Quick introduction, been bikeing for years, and currently ride a 2012 Tiger Explorer 1200. Regarding the first post on this thread, I'm going to look at that bike this weekend, going to be a second ike for fun, not worried if it needs some TLC, as I'm quite hapy pottering away on things. Any advice on what to look for? I've read a few comments regarding overvalued bikes, so I'll see how it looks and hopefully get a bit less than the asking.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi Gauldie.The main things to look for are worn output shaft,believed to be due to over tight chains. Ask owner if you can check it,you need to remove sprocket to check for wear.10 minute job.(loads of pictures and info on here)Wheel rims can rot from inside out.Thats about it,obviously usual stuff ie chains,sprockets etc,but nothing major.Over all pretty indistructable.Many still going strong after going round the clock.Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
look for rotten bits on wheel rims, oil leaks from the cylinders, any odd knocking noises when the engine is warm, and any jumping out of gear problems (usually occurs in 2nd gear)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts