Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flew to Cork on Saturday and picked up bike (03 XR650L)from Killarney, rode to Galway and stayed there 1st night. Next day rode up through stunning scenery in Cannamara to Westport then Enniskillin and on to Antrim. Monday got the ferry from Belfast to Stranraer and then the 140miles home to Selkirk.
Bike was as described in excellent condition, needs new back tyre and chain.
How was it too ride? Well when I first got on it I thought I was going to struggle but after about 20miles I got used to it and began to love it (used to have a DR750). The roads down there are either perfect smooth tarmac or a pot hole riddled patched up mess and the XR handled really well on both types.
The engine was rough at low revs but great when it got going. I put this down to the lean standard carb and smog kit that it still has. Standard everything ,no mods. I did a total of 600miles and loved every one of them, no rain just clear blue skies.:p Sore butt though!:(
Have got to get a UK MOT, and then get it registered as well.
Would love to put some photos up but no idea how! Do I need to down load them to another site and then go to the "Insert Image " icon above?
Suggestions for tires? 80%Road 20%Dirt and new silencer(not too loud)
Great bike..really glad I bought it and can't wait for the next trip.:thumbup:

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
I didnt think an XR would be fun on road until i had a go a few weeks back (Stuarts XR) and he was on his CRF450 and we did some lovely country lanes to get to and from the off-road fell, bloody brillaint fun. Weird at first and i thought jesus this is small and too light but within 5 miles i was loving throwing it around the bends.

Just upload photos to imageshack or photobucket and then copy the web address to the pic and use the insert pic icon :thumb:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts