Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone replaced their OEM 'raised' cap with something flush, if so how did you get on, what did you use, how much etc.
Original a royal PITA with a Tank bag on.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Anyone replaced their OEM 'raised' cap with something flush, if so how did you get on, what did you use, how much etc.
Original a royal PITA with a Tank bag on.
Well Shack... here we go again...:D:D:D:D.... only joking, this is one I havn't done yet, but it did get suggested to me by a mate who said it would look better with a flush fit cap.

I don't think there is any flush fit caps which will fit the TA, and the only way I could think of doing it would be to get another tank and a petrol cap from a tank with a flush fit cap, and then cut the cap area from the TA tank, and then weld in the flush fit cap into the hole, then doing a bit of sanding down to get a smooth finish, and re-spraying the tank should give the desired effect.

I may be wrong, and there is a product available to replace the OEM petrol cap, but I haven't found one yet....

Hhhmmmmm, I have a spare tank that I was going to get re-sprayed anyway, think I might look into this one... Cheers Shack... but at least this is one back to you...:thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:

Titch:blob6:

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well if I do ever find a simple solution I made try and make my fortune from it(yours sounds a bit involved for lazy/ time strapped me, Titch).:p

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I considered doing it. I thought an aircraft type filler would do but it would have involved cutting and I would have needed another vent in the tank. If your only reason is for a tank bag why not glue a thick spacer to the bottom leaving a cut out hole for the cap. This is what I've done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts