Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Dances with Drunks
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A swing arm bearing/bush question please, guys: As part of swing arm refurbishment, I'm planning on removing pretty crusty needle roller bearings from the swing arm of my 600, and replacing with new. As many of you will know, a metal bush locates against the outer bearing on each side of the SA. How have people gone about getting that bush out? Does it have to be removed before trying to extract the bearing, or do they come out together? And for removal, would an inexpensive bearing puller be likely to be man enough, such as:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mekanik-5p...QE55YCBZEF0&psc=1&refRID=5D24QBFMBQE55YCBZEF0

·
Registered
29 Posts
When I bought my TA the linkage was pretty well seized up, i managed to get the metal bushes out myself after soaking in penetrating oil but the roller bearing was a nightmare. I took it to my mates garage where he used his hydraulic press & even then it was a huge job with plenty of penetrating oil and use of heat. ( i kept him going with tea & biscuits) I am certain that a bearing puller will not be up to the job. What I would say is that it is worth the effort as the improvement in the handling was amazing. It seems to be a common issue with the TA as that bearing is right in the firing line for a lot of crud.

Top tip, when you're ready to replace the bearings stick them in the freezer overnight & they go in much easier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts