Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hill Rider
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there got an un-wanted centre stand for a 600 Alp (mines a '98 model, but earlier ones should fit)?

Checked with that excellent source of new Honda parts, David Silvers, and apparently the stand is no longer available.

The after market availability of a stand is very patchy as well - nearly £200 for a Motec one :disgust:

So, if you have one that you no longer need (with all the required bits of course), please let me know.

Steve T

:cool:

·
Hill Rider
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure it would as the 600 stand is fitted between the frame plates and not on either side of it, as per the 650 one shown in your link, but thanks taking the time to look it up :thumbup:

Steve T

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
i have just looked at my 600 and 650 transalp. both have honda OEM centre stands. they are both fitted in exactly the same way. the stand fits BETWEEN the lugs attached to the bottom of the frame. the lugs are the same distance apart. so i would assume a stand could also be fitted to OUTSIDE of the lugs too.

·
Hill Rider
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GOT ONE

Well, after failing to secure a used Honda item via flea-bay cos I didn't meet the sellers reserve (I bid the top @ £85 - he has re-posted it at a buy-it-now price of . . . . . . . suprise, suprise, £85), I went and bought a Heavy Duties one for just a few quid more, so centre stand no longer required.

Many thanks to ds99 for all of his help in comparing the 650's stand with the 600's and his reqular prompts on e-bay items :thumbup:

Steve T

1 - 5 of 5 Posts