Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was up bright and early yesterday for a ride down to plymouth to pay my respects to my dear friend bob who died two weeks ago :(
he had a feirce love of the sea and wished to have he's ashes scatterd at plymouth hoe 8)

i didnt want to be stuck on the motorways to much so i got off the M25 at the A3 then followed the A31-A35 then the A38 into plymouth a total trip of 598miles :shock: :shock: its the most miles ive ever done on any bike ive owned and marmite was ace

:thumbright: even though it was a seriously windy day the BM was rock solid 8) 8)

any way heres some pics

started to suffer around the 400 mile mark and by the time i got home the backside was stinging a bit :lol: :lol: :lol:

so i popped into maverics for a nice cup of coffee and a chat faantji was there as well so the pair of them had a good chuckle at me mincing around trying to get the bloodflow back into my butt :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

a motor cycle is a great place to be there was a lot of emotions and memories going through me on this run . locked away in the privacy of my arai i could cry.and laugh at all the memories as they came flooding back and then be awstruck at the sites and things going on around me . the sounds , the smells, the feel of the wind , 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

even though we are sore after days riding like this we just cant wait to get back for more 8) 8) 8)

yup bikes rock :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

just thought ide share this with you guys and gals :D

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Sorry you had to go to Plymouth under such circumstances :cry:

Cant imagine how you felt about the loss of your friend, but your right - for us, one of the best release's at times like these is a nice bike ride - anywhere, whatever the weather.

RIP Bob.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
know,what you mean,
just come back from meeting chronix,bit shity the weather but still agood ride.Just feels like i done something.Not just climbed into a car and driven there.

Sorry about your mate

pete

·
Registered
832 Posts
Can't beat a spin on the bike for sorting the head out... Did the same last year when a real close mate died, aged 54 :cry: there's just no space in the world as private as when you put your lid on and fire up the bike.
The Beemer looks well, mate.

·
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ChrisH said:
Can't beat a spin on the bike for sorting the head out... Did the same last year when a real close mate died, aged 54 :cry: there's just no space in the world as private as when you put your lid on and fire up the bike.
The Beemer looks well, mate.
yup its a great place for contemplation :)

the beemers great its got a few issues with grot but nuthin that cant be sorted over winter for the makover but thats why i got it soooo cheap :mrgreen: it was the fist really long run i have done on it and ive really gelled withit now its cool :thumbright:

·
Registered
832 Posts
fewtrees said:
Your bike get the vote for "the longest bike on the forum"!
Yeah, as I said the bike looks well ...... didn't mention the topbox though :wink: Hope you gotta 'Long Vehicle' sticker on the back of that Chad....

·
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fewtrees said:
Chad said:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: its good init that stops the cage drivers getting to close as the pull up to the back of the bike the box could be inchs from their screen :shock:

·
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
markincyberspace said:
Sorry to hear about your mate Chad. I hope the ride helped come to terms with it.

BTW, what happened to your AT? (I've been offline for a while).
well i went up to HU 2006 and was talking to people who ride most of the different bikes and just dicided that i wanted to give the GS a go and if i didnt like it then fine go back to the @ or try a vara :D

but so far im finding it great and it must be because ive never ridden 600 miles in a day before :shock:

anyway did your trip go well im about to check out your thread :D

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
fewtrees said:
Chad said:
:lol: :lol: and it's still not blue yet Chad :shock:

Sorry to here about your mate, I like to get out up into the hills at times like these, it's so quite and calm, gives you a chance to stop the day to day and take in the bigger picture.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts