Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys I got asked by a customer today what he could do to modify his 650 transalp to go green laneing and were could he get fork extensions and lifting rear linkages? any ideas could you post some picks thanks J:thumbup:

·
Registered
779 Posts
And crash bars.

Other than that, just do it. The alp excels (well, manages quite well...) at covering very rough ground very quickly, but can also do slow speed 'pick through' work if necessary.

·
Ride any Road. Ask me...
2,574 Posts
Tee Hee!

IMHO the width is always more issue than the ground clearance, I never worried about extending (weakening) forks, or turning the linkage over (needs hot box removal).

Turn all the rear adjustment to the max, pop 2" spaces (use plastic plumbing pipe) on top of the front springs, fit HH+ "enduro" brake pads, and either ride a lot or go to the gym!

TT for main bits - bashplate/bars
Some good/metal brush guards
CR85 gear lever
2 single braided Front brake hose, bin all the complex stuff
Pipercross air filter

Trawl ebay for any spares! Especially plastics. Use lots of clear tape on glass etc

Best tyres I found is a FIM enduro Michelin front and a flat T63 rear, but you will need to drill and fit rim locks.

Lots of other little tweaks too, but will that do for now?

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Tee Hee!

IMHO the width is always more issue than the ground clearance, I never worried about extending (weakening) forks, or turning the linkage over (needs hot box removal).

Turn all the rear adjustment to the max, pop 2" spaces (use plastic plumbing pipe) on top of the front springs, fit HH+ "enduro" brake pads, and either ride a lot or go to the gym!

TT for main bits - bashplate/bars
Some good/metal brush guards
CR85 gear lever
2 single braided Front brake hose, bin all the complex stuff
Pipercross air filter

Trawl ebay for any spares! Especially plastics. Use lots of clear tape on glass etc

Best tyres I found is a FIM enduro Michelin front and a flat T63 rear, but you will need to drill and fit rim locks.

Lots of other little tweaks too, but will that do for now?
Oh Sensei please enlighten us more often with your presence:notworthy::notworthy::headbang::headbang:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
fit knobblies and an old alloy road sign as a bash plate... then do it..:D

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
It'll handle anything you throw at it, the only limiting thing is the riders ability

mixes well with other types and can keep up

and all weathers

No transalp in the pic? how do you think I got to the other side of this stuff to take the pic?

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
something i found trawling the tinterweb, some guy in poland does all sorts of bikes, and T shirts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts