Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a set of headers that were sold to me as for a 600. they came as a complete exhaust with the standard muffler. But the front pipe is clearly set for a 650. However there is no catalytic converter. Am I right after research that they will be from the very early 650 before 1992?. Please dont say they are 600 pipes because they are not!. IMG_1342.jpg
FOR SALE IF ANYONE INTERESTED AS NOT FOR MY BIKE £100

·
Administrator
1,775 Posts
Agreed, doesn't look like the 650TA pipes - different front pipe, heatshield and fixings, Y-piece and collector "cat" box. Could it be from an Africa Twin, perhaps the early 650 version? ...... Or a hybrid setup to fit a 650 or AT engine in a 600 frame?
As I understand it the 650 model didn't arrive until 2000, and was significantly different from the 600 model in fairing bodywork, instruments,seat, lights etc. Also the PAIR system was fitted, and HISS for UK models. The pic you describe as an early 650 appears to be a 600.

·
Administrator
1,775 Posts
The engine size is shown on the read cylinder base. The 650 cylinder head castings had fewer fins than the earlier ones.... the Green bike shows the later pattern - is it possible that that bike has had an engine transplant?

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
I have a set of headers that were sold to me as for a 600. they came as a complete exhaust with the standard muffler. But the front pipe is clearly set for a 650. However there is no catalytic converter. Am I right after research that they will be from the very early 650 before 1992?. Please dont say they are 600 pipes because they are not!. View attachment 138331
FOR SALE IF ANYONE INTERESTED AS NOT FOR MY BIKE £100
View attachment 138401
RD03 650 Africa twin standards front pipes.
Those still look different to each other

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts