Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my first puncture- grr on the motorway as well. So I need to get a new rear inner tube- did a search on ebay and they have them for the 600 and 700 but not 650? Where can I get one from and what am I looking for exactly? Please help.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
i don't know if an inner tube for a 600 would be able to handle the face melting speed of a 700 :D but it should be strong enough for a 650 ? I would imagine the tyre sizes are the same . I run a heavy duty Michelin in the rear and a vee rubber extra heavy duty in the front of my 600 . they cost a bit more than standard thickness but are a bit stronger and less prone to getting pinched by leavers . what I have gathered from it all is stick to standard size tyres and have a little pressure in the inner tube as you fit the tyre . if you never changed a tyre /tube before have a look at a few youtube videos on the subject . good luck with it .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so the tyre is a
Scorpion trail 120/90 -17 m/c 64S- what tube do I need for that? the manual says the tyre should be a 130/90-17 65S

will this fit? [h=1]Michelin Heavy Duty MX Inner Tube[/h]17MHR - 130/90-17, 140/80-17

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
yes that will be the correct tube :thumbright: when it comes to replacing the tyre my personal favourite that I have tried is a continental conti escape I am currently running a Michelin road rider 130/70/17 its ok but it looks a bit scarce and it drops the back a bit I put a 140/80/17 on it and it caused problems with pinching tubes with the leavers . my next tyres will be mitas e09 I think it is due to cost its a more road orientated tyre the e07 I think ? is more off road and don't last as long seeing as I spend most of my time on road it suits me .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts