Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help either with a diagram of the breather hoses, or tell me if I'm missing a bit. The Haynes manual is not that great and I have a feeling I've got a bit missing.
Both rocker covers have pipes that go into what I think is some sort of emission control valve, that has a pipe that comes off the bottom of it and across the top of the front cylinder to the LHS and a connection on the bottom of the airbox.
Problem is there is another stub on the front rocker box just in front of the coolant hose that doesn't have any hose on it and I think it should connect to the airbox with the hose from the emission control valve via a Tee peice.
The reason for this query is due to the bike dumping a fair bit of oil which looks like it came from this area after a sustained thrash(80-90mph) for about 15-20 mins.
I'm new to the Transalp so any info would be really great

·
Registered
7,711 Posts
I'm having trouble with understanding where the oil is coming from..... A pic or 2 might help.

The emmision control pipes you describe merely put clean air from the airbox into the exhaist port. As I recall, the only place oil could drip onto the front rocker cover is the stub that takes air to the PAIR valve - make sure this pipe is connected correctly (or remove & blank the whole PAIR system completely).

The breather is the short rubber hose about 1/2 way back & rhs of the rear rocker cover - make sure it is connected correctly as it's easy to forget & kink it when replacing the airbox.

Not sure if any of this helps.....

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't fathomed out how to post a picture on the site yet but apparently I've not got permission to add attachments.
The PAIR system your talking about,is the valve for that system on the RHS at the front of the bike? The oil seems to be in the area of the stub on the LHS of the front rocker cover just in front of the coolant pipe, this had a small length of hose fitted to it that was too short to join the airbox, that's what made me think that I've a bit missing.

·
Registered
7,711 Posts
The pair valve itself is mounted to the rh radiator & has 3 large pipes & 1 small vacuum pipe attached.
I can't think what stub on the front rocker cover you mean, the coolant pipe is to the leftish of the front cylinder, the pair stub is towards the right on the rocker cover....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The pair valve itself is mounted to the rh radiator & has 3 large pipes & 1 small vacuum pipe attached.
I can't think what stub on the front rocker cover you mean, the coolant pipe is to the leftish of the front cylinder, the pair stub is towards the right on the rocker cover....

We're talking about the same pipes here, the bottom pipe from the PAIR valve has a few bends in it and goes across the top of the front cylinder to the LHS, does it go straight into the airbox or does it join this stub I'm on about via a T peice before going into the airbox?

·
Registered
7,711 Posts
Hmm, i removed mine ages ago so can't look to compare. As I recall there is no T piece - 1 pipe goes from the bottom of the airbox to pair valve, the other 2 large pipes go from pair valve to f&r rocker covers respectively.

Like i say, difficult without pics!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts