Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here fitted a Delkevic silencer to their 650?

Like this one below

Does it interfere with genuine OEM pannier frames?

Does it really add more power?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brilliant, thanks

i don't suppose anyone here has a 650 silencer sitting around they want to sell?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
if you still have the silencer chamber under the swinging arm fitted the rear silencer does not need to do much silencing. I have a Benelli silencer fitted on my TA650 and it is probably as quiet as standard. It is more economic with Benelli fitted but is feels it gives a slight loss of bottom end and freer reving higher up, only noticeable after the change over. Far lighter than the Honda original. Many sport bike silencers would probably do the job I used a pair of Yamaha R1 silencers on my SL350 as they are similar shape to the originals and added a baffle tube on the silencer inlet side

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, everything is in place. i guess i could remove the catalytic converter box but i don't do welding etc

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
If the mid silencer chamber is left in place a simple tube would probably be adequate for some noise suppression but probably rubbish for performance & the MOT tester may not like a plain pipe hence a sport bike silencer that is light and gives a deep note to the exhaust. Removing the mid chamber is more effort.
You need 2>1 Y piece, I used a mini cooper (old type) Y piece on my VT500, may fit the TAs but then you may need to baffle the Y outlet before the straight through sport silencer if you want to do a DIY job.
Sport silencers can be had cheaply at bike jumbles paid £15 for my Benelli one 3-4 years ago and £20 for the pair of R1 silencers this year. honda transalp 650.jpg
vt500 mar13.jpg

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, i think with my limited DIY skills and the fact I have pannier frames I think i am just going to sand and paint the existing silencer

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is the 350mm one fitted with OEM pannier frames

there is no way the 450mm version would fit. it's completely wedged in, with no free room at all

IMG_20181206_130652.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts