Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, :confused:
I am looking for some advice on replaceing my dipped bulb on my 08 700 transalp,
I managed to get the old bulb out with no thanks to the handbook,
Never came across a H11 bulb before, the bulb says on it OSRAM H11 12/55 the only ones i can find on line are the OSRAM NIGHT BREACKERS listed for cars & as Iv fitted car head light bulbs before with no problems to a motorcycle Im thinking of fitting a paire of these ,
I know some people on this forum seem to thing there are motorcycle only bulbs so im open to any advice,
Thanks,
Ian

·
Registered
10 Posts
Headlight bulb change should take a couple of minutes for dip or main beam, they just twist in and out and the wires just unplug by pressing the locking tab and sliding out.
The bulbs are the same for cars and bikes it is the reflector in a bike lamp that makes the difference.
Why not upgrade to HID the ballast fits neatly behind the side panel that keeps it dry and out of the way and the lighting output is improved.
Took about 1.5 hours to fit including taking off the side panel.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Why not upgrade to HID the ballast fits neatly behind the side panel that keeps it dry and out of the way and the lighting output is improved.
Took about 1.5 hours to fit including taking off the side panel.
Aah! I can feel the "old HID v. Halogen debate" coming on... :D

Personally, whilst I think HIDs are a great idea, and almost certainly do give more light, the Transalp's reflector isn't designed for HID bulbs, and is therefore not legal on the road with HID bulbs fitted - and would also (technically) fail its MOT.

Standard H11 halogen bulbs will probably give you more burn time than the ultra white/bright versions. There are also arguments that the conventional bulbs actually work better in rainy/foggy conditions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts