Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since everyone seems to have stopped making honda panniers for my 2006 ta 650, does anyone think it would be possible to fit/bodge a set of panniers and rack for a 700 to a 650?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, is that a don't know then?

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
I am pretty sure the guys at metal mule thought my 650 pannier racks would swap straight onto a 700. I will checkbtheir website.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
700 has a different frame, different mounting points,different exhaust and therefore the rack is significantly different.
What are you looking for, honda rack and panniers? or panniers you could mount ally boxes on? or just panniers of any kind?
The givi one can be adapted for ally boxes,there is a guy in poland who does copies of TT ones and the TT ones occasionally come up on ebay.
The honda rack is an excellent rack,it tucks the panniers in nice and tightly and the quick release system is pretty cool and the colour panels match them to the rest of the bike so they look the biz and they are pretty aerodynamic but they are not cheap. You may find some laying in a honda dealers somewhere so is worth ringing round or keeping an eye out on ebay.
I have had both (still have a set in the shed) I now use touratech racks and boxes purely because I can carry more stuff. The varadero has one side in common (the smaller one) and the other is specific only to the alp.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hi buddy, would you like to sell those 650 Honda racks? cheers, Del

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
You after a set of honda one's then?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yes i am, but bloody Mr Honda wants £200 via Silver Spares for a setof racks. I take it yours are Honda ones? and are in good nick. If they are maybe we can have a deal. My e-mail is dekkit1958 at googlemail dot com, or dekkit at msn dot com,cheers Derek

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Might be able to do something, have you got any panniers to go on them though? they are quite hard to get hold of.

·
Registered
417 Posts
No i havent, i have just gotten the bike. I have the Honda topbox but thats it. I would need a set of silver panniers. I may have to buy new ones but at £250 they are expensive. I will worry about that later if we can come to an agreement on the racks. I take it you will have the fitting kit aswell. Thanks

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Cor blimey, the prices are down, I was quoted 800 plus for panniers and rack from honda. The panniers alone were 500+.
I'll have a mooch up the shed as soon as I have a mo' (mrs away this weekend and I'm alone with the 4 monsters)they were like new when put up there. As for a fitting kit they just bolt to the bike,I think I have a set of new bolts actually because you have to change a few on the frame,you move the indicators,you'll need to make a bracket for under the rear rack,and that'd be job done.

I might be breaking some forum rules here,not sure if you should be subscribed as well as me to be buying and selling stuff someone will soon tell me,mod?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Ok buddy no probs. That will be fine. Just let me know when you find em. I was quoted 450 for the panniers and the rack. The rack being 170 plus vat. That is from Honda, via david silvers. cheers Derek

Sorry if i have broken any rules.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Ohh dear just found out from Silvers spares that the panniers are no longer available WHY BLOODY NOT ? geez they only stopped makin the bike a couple of years ago!!!!!

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
I thought so, someone on here was trying to get some a while back and had no luck from honda. I thought you'd got lucky.It's worth ringing round a few dealers and see if they have any laying around as old stock,lings may have some or some of the bigger dealers down south or maybe a small dealer up your way. Also maybe ring a few breakers, a box here another there,make a set up.You can still get the colour panels from silvers I think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts