Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have just attempted to soften the rear suspension settings after having a couple of spine jarring experiences during our last ride out. I found that the shock was set to fully soft. What setting should I try next ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Falcon Shocks(he is an old friend) told me yesterday that a typical overhaul cost for a rear shock would be approximately £250.00. Quick turnaround.

·
Registered
7,635 Posts
I have just attempted to soften the rear suspension settings after having a couple of spine jarring experiences during our last ride out. I found that the shock was set to fully soft. What setting should I try next ?
What are you softening?
If it's like the 650 the damping adjuster will have very little affect in handling or ride quality (unless fully laden).
How is the preload/sag? Is it bottoming or topping out?
Falcon Shocks(he is an old friend) told me yesterday that a typical overhaul cost for a rear shock would be approximately £250.00. Quick turnaround.
That sounds expensive.
Kais serviced a 650 shock a couple of years ago for about £100 as I recall, and made no difference to previously.

As an aside, they have a bladder that can be recharged via a schraeder valve, I'm not sure what pressure they run at (believe it can be 150psi?) Or what affect it has on ride & handling but may be worth checking.
Is the swingarm pivot & linkage free & greased?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

21 - 23 of 23 Posts