Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Got a 2008 700 TA in december, stuck it in the garage - the Mrs has then filled the garage with crap so I can't get in from the garden and the youngest's car has broken down in front so I can't get in the front, hence the possibly silly question.

Want to get a paddock stand for it (cheaper than a centre stand and lighter) - firstly does it have 'oles for bobbins and secondly can someone make a reccomendation?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi Hugh...how's Samantha?

Pretty sure the 700 doesn't have bobbin holes....but you don't need bobbins if you buy a stand with square lifting pads. Mine doubles up as a front wheel stand and has interchangeable ends so you can adjust to your hearts content...it was on Fleabay for about £25. It works perfectly well and is pretty stable, provided the floor is level. they're all much of a muchness at this 'budget' price....made for a pittance, by small children in third world countries

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jonathan - don't know a Samantha - but Lara is fine.

Happy to help out children in 3rd world countries - is it a one man job to lift on?

Mark61: But you're north of Watford, that's foreign climes - what did you expect?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Jonathan : Do you know the item number for said piece of labour saving wizard. !!!:thumbright::happy6::thumbleft:

HUGH : when did you and Samantha split .........LOL :bom:

·
Registered
533 Posts
I use a scissor lift which cost about £40 from eBay, put bike on side stand, place scissor lift under belly, screw it up and the bike will sit upright on it and then go up. You can do paddock stands on your own, but it feels like it could go horribly wrong very quickly.

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is that the jack in her left hand just outa shot.......:happy6:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts