Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse my ignorance, is it possible / easy to remove the baffles on the standard exhaust ? If so how?

Alternatively, which is the loudest aftermarket exhaust that will fit this bike, to let other road users know that you do actually exist and you are approaching !!!!

·
Administrator
1,779 Posts
Not sure about the 700, but I suspect it's similar to the 650 which is not designed to have removable baffles, short of hacksawing the silencer open!
No doubt others will know more... I have a Fuel exhaust on my 650, which is a little louder, and a lot more characterful, even with its baffle in. Baffle out, it attracts attention, but it's not unpleasantly loud (imho)

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
If you want loud, generally the shorter the can the louder it'll be, you could remove the cat to open things up a bit.

My 650 without cat & straight through pipe was too noisy for me on anything more than a short run out.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

·
TA700
70 Posts
I have the Leo vince full system with decat pipe on my 700 and it is loud enough even with the db killer on

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
The standard exhaust is a sealed unit, best thing to do is replace it with an after market silener.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts