Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
can any one tell me ! i had my 8000 mile service today and this is at a well respected honda dealer, but a little concerned, on the vara 1000 the sight glass has a high and low, when i got home after a little while i checked the sight glass and when the bike is totally upright the sight glass is full of oil, i only have to tilt the bike a little to the left and the oil will slightly disappear, so i wouldnt think theres too much in the sump, i thought with a high and low mark thats where you run the oil level, is this normal as i dont want to do any harm :(
nelly

·
My Blue Beast
756 Posts
sounds about right.........mine looks empty when on side stand. nothing to worry about. :thumbleft: does oil light go out soon after starting ?

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
What Mr Blade said. Sounds about right to me. There's loads of stories on here about dealers overfilling with oil - which causes it own problems that can be nearly as bad as too little oil.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I do not think the engine holds much oil anyway.
If it is similar to the Transalp then it ill hold around 2.5 to 3 litres of oil, this will mean that a slightly off vertical lean will make the oil go to the side and disappear from the sight glass.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Usually three and threee quarters. Closer to 4 litres if you change filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts