Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
7,169 Posts
JS Gedge in Sussex quoted me £7600 and £8200 with ABS, for the Tiger 800XC.

They also said I could be second in the queue with a £100 returnable deposit, and that they would hope to deliver it by December if Triumph keep their promises.

I have to tell you, I walked out of the shop and stood there for 15 minutes trying to decide whether to go straight back in and reserve mysflf one.

I really love the look of this bike, the fact that it's British, the fact that it's all-new, the fact that it's a triple and I'm sure demand will outstrip supply.

In my case, common-sense prevailled and what with the additional cost of a new bike and extra insurance, and the fact that my bike mileage has plummeted over the last year made me reconsider.

Maybe in the future I'll treat myself, but for now, I'll just watch the old AT sit outside rusting away in this horrible weather!!!

:thumbup:

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
..the fact that it's British, the fact that it's all-new, the fact that it's a triple and I'm sure demand will outstrip supply
British - that HAS to be cool (if it was just English, well....).

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
AND, I even heard they've made an export model for Scotland!!!

:D
Indeed! Would that be the fabled blue and white 'Saltire' edition, or the blue and flesh-pink 'Freedom' one for the US market, as marketed by our own 'True' Scot, Melanie MacGibson? :wink:

Seriously, it would be great to own a machine made (or at least assembled) within these shores rather than one from the far east (i.e. Honda's plant in Italy) or near east (i.e., Bavaria). I always liked Triumph's cars - no idea why I've never had a two wheeled Triumph...

So what if it rusts a bit - what bike doesn't these days?

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I sometimes wish I had bought the Jubilee Bonneville, when it came out.
I wanted british machinery but the reliability was always suspect.
Now however, they are getting their act together,so it may b time to get a british machine.

·
King
155 Posts
I'm very excited about this. I've always loved triumphs 3 cylinder engines. Be very interesting to take one to the mud and see how it's low down grunt copes with it's long stroke but 3 cylinders. I imagine it'll be bloody marvellous long distance.... To me it's clearly a Triumph ;)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts