Honda XRV Forum banner
2K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  Koonzee 
#1 ·
Hello XRV Fans! I am writing to learn if anyone may have an RD04 XRV750 seat collecting dust that you may be willing to sell. Please let me know what you have regardless of its condition. (If the XRV650 seats are interchangeable with the XRV750 seats, I would consider these seats as well.) Thank you.

#2 ·
spares-

1x i would describe as "not sculpted & covered by an Upholsterer" ideal if you intend to modify it, new top foam?, gel pads?. cover? i bought as a spare/project. Usable 'as is', But......i only dry tested it for a smoke & a brew.

1x Seat that cover started to crack, just as i found a cheap A1+ seat on ebay, was instantly replaced. BLUE sides & RED top. Red is an orangery-red with HONDA printed slightly skew-whiff on the sides. Usable, would be A-OK
with a re-cover.

thin on the ground :), but not without heart & i'm skint :( txt an offer. can only say no or yes. 07949312387. i'll post pics later hopefully

#9 ·
Fox1969: thank you for posting the additional photographs. I would like to move forward with purchasing the assembled blue w/tan seat and the seat pan from the black seat. I understand only two brackets are available. Thanks again for all your time and effort!

#10 ·
Fox1969: By the way, do you think the original OEM foam from the black seat was altered? I assume it was shaved down to accommodate the top custom high density foam. Just curious. If the foam from the black seat is all original and unaltered, I may be interested in it as well. It may not add much weight to the shipment and may be a good starting point or reference for a future custom seat. Thanks again.

#11 ·
THE BASE LOOKS LIKE IT WAS "TICKLED" A LITTLE (NOTHING MAJOR) WITH A GRINDER AT THE BACK, BUT THE TOP COAT SHEET COULD HAVE BEEN REMOVED ( SEE WHEN RED/BLUE SEAT COVER IS REMOVED. TO BE HONEST I CAN'T REMEMBER/DIDN'T NOTICE THE INSIDES OF ALL THE SEATS I'VE RE-COVERED. I KNOW THEY DID SOMETHING WITH THE DENSITIES & WIDTH ON THE LATER 07/07A MODELS BUT I COULDN'T TELL YOU ANY MORE.

JUST SOMETHING SIMPLE I FOUND IN A SECOND. Foam Basics – DIYMotorcycleSeat.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.