Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Do you have any cheese?
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I thought that I would share a little project with you, I have a DR350 that has been stood outside in all weathers for about a year and a half untouched! I actually forgot that I had it, but remembered it and thought that I would do her up.

She needs a total strip and rebuild from the ground up! One thing that suprised me was that she came apart with absolute ease, no seized bolts or rusted nuts!

Got her down to the frame, now I've got to start prepping for paint and ordering new bits, oh let the fun times begin!

It took about 4 hours to get her in bits, such a lovely simple bike to work on, I would not like the task of taking my Africa Twin apart, I think it would be a bit more of a headache than this one!

I will update the progress as soon as there's some more!

Churs. :thumbup:

·
Do you have any cheese?
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Daily stresses of life living in two places, out of sight out of mind kind of thing I guess!

She should scrub up well!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Something to look forward to:thumbright: Cabbage has just re vamped his DR from the frame up and is mighty fine although dirty once again:D

·
Registered
293 Posts
always liked the 350 :thumbup: best of luck wit the project

·
Red Blooded Biker
922 Posts
Several friends & I were up in Wales the other year & we had a guide to show us some of the 'other' lanes that we could do. Dai had a DR350E with 385 piston kit fitted & it made the bike a much better machine, which together with the straight pull carb was a big plus.

Another friend got a hold of a DR350S that he's now fitted a 385 kit into & is looking forward to riding it...if he can start it with that CV carb in place.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi all
I find that the DR is a very fun bike....
Owning a AT i need something cheaper and light to enjoy in the dirt...
Here is mine.

The day i bought:

A good looking bike (93 SP) wiht just 18.000Kms.

And this is now:

With Acerbis fuel tank, Pirelli knobbie tires, Gps, and so on....

Good luck with the restoration.

Bye

1 - 8 of 8 Posts