Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the XR about 3 months ago now, wanted a DS bike but after my first outing yesterday, i dont think its going to suit the steep rocky tracks that i like to ride. I bought the bike from a Gentlemen in LLanelli who spent alot of time and money on the bike, but after having his garage broken into twice he decided he wanted rid of his dirt bikes. So I bought the XR of him. It need a few jobs doing to get her road and trail ready, all have been done, and I now have a very nice and clean XR600r. Its a 91 model, with the following work done.

WR450 Front end conversion.
Brakes, Front wheel, caliper, disc, forks, which have just been rebuilt, ie new bushes, seals and 10 weight oil. Also have just fitted a brand new Michelin Desert tyre on front with heavy duty tube, discs and pads are new.Steel Braided front hose.

New Bars
CR polished levers and throttle
New light switch, complete with new lights and new wiring loom.
New plastics all over.
New Carb, which i believe is a later one 98 onwards..
Polished Engine casings and swinging arm.
New chain and sprockets-one ride out.
OIl and filter just done.
Michelin Desert rear tyre, very little use, also fitted with HD tube.
Frame resprayed.

When i first bought the bike, i noticed that there was play in the rear wheel, so new bearings where purchased, only to find that the hub itself was worn and not the bearings, so I got hold of a XR 650 rear hub 2002, and had the new ss spokes from the 600 wheel relaced onto the 650 hub, had new spacers made up to fit the spindle and bearings and retaped the disc bolt and sprocket holes, so there is no need to worry about the rear hub being knackered as alot of old one are.
There is probably alot more to mention, in all this is an excellent example, very clean and has a very strong engine, the MOT goes upto 21,000 miles. Then i believe the bike went to Africa on a charity trip, and came back and was left for a few years before being restored...Fantastic power, ive owned a 650 and to be honset, not that much difference in power.
Im not going to sell the bike cheap, because i know ive a classic off roader, in very good condition. I live in the Swansea Valley, anybody that wants to come down and see and ride the bike is very welcome...

Any more info please ask, i will be looking for a lighter enduro bike, for the same value if anyone wants to do a deal...

The bike has just been MOT'ed and has 12 months tax.
£1450.

Cheers
Ben.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Nice one Ben and I rekon you should keep hold of this:( Got to be one of the nicest XR600s I have seen and a fantastic dual sporter:thumbright:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice one Ben and I rekon you should keep hold of this:( Got to be one of the nicest XR600s I have seen and a fantastic dual sporter:thumbright:

Probably right Phil, if someone offers me the asking price, they can have it..Not going to drop, ill just have to get fit again to be able to hold on to the beast..:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts