Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, Guys!!!

I¨ve bought 4 years ago, a 98´s RD 08 Dominator, with 50000km, nowadays it has 62000 km .

The carburettor had a little petrol leakage ,then I rebuild the float chamber gasket,oring and mixture screw washer , carb cleaned,etc.
I,ve cleaned also the carb two weeks ago ,cheking all of the little holes in front of the butterfly and they are free to air passage .

Since ever , I remember the Thypical carb issue : the bike starts perfect at cold or hot engine, runs great from little ( 1/8 + - ) full throtthle opening ,BUT sometimes when I´m arriving to traffic road crossing, or I do a Throtthle "knok" to shift down,after some seconds in 3000-4000 rpm with throtthle closed,a.e. climbing down in road.

The carb has 48 and 145 stock jets,it runs PERFECT in mountain roads in height about 500 - 800 meters or higher ,but at sea level when I live and usually use the bike, appears the problem. Adjusting from 2 to 3 - 1 / 2 turns the mixture screw , I can´t fix completely the problem.
Air filter is stock, snorkel not removed, valve clearance ok, petrol level in the carb is correct, inlet manifild is ok, etc..

Is the carburation lean ? I,ve got the keyster´s 50 idle jet, try to replace it or maybe I need a bigger jet ??

Thanks in advice and sorry for my bad english, ahahah.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Did you clear out the 4 small holes under the throttle plate / butterfly?
They are very small indeed and I think they assist the fuel delivery to the mixture screw for tick over. There is a thread on here somewhere with a very good close up picture, but if they are blocked it will affect your tick over.

Edit: Found it. Tickover problems - Cure is here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your repply;yes I did it...
But,why my motorcicle runs better over 500-1000 meters altitude?
Too lean ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts