1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IMPORTANT
CHANGE OF DATES
NOW FROM THE 9TH-19TH OF JUNE

Sorry for all the date swopping but I am allowed to take leave in June now and since the weather will be a little warmer in June we go then
We will be leaving on sat 9th and make our way to a campsite in Holland,hoping to meet up with out dutch friends Rubberchicken and Buggles. A few shandy in the evening maybe :toothy1: Next day meet up with our Scottish folk and make our way over to Krautland :toothy10:
Same coming back,get to the campsite on the 18th and then back to the UK on the 19th

We have decided to visit the area my brother lives in. Northern Germany near Kiel(Ploen) its near Danmark so i a fancy a trip to Copenhagen.
Going to be a budget trip,so it will be camping and do our own cooking.Its not going to be a biking Holiday,its a holiday on bikes not big miles every day more sight seeing.
Nothing planned,all play by ear stuff. Everyone free to do their own thing.A bit like the 2010 trip to Germany.
Planning to leave on the train on the saturday morning,stop over in Holland(few sherbets and a nice meal)then go on to Ploen.I think staying at one campsite would be the thing to do.Lots of places to do/see on a day trip basis.

So anyone fancy joining us?

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Sounds good to me. I'll probably go via Newcastle - Amsterdam ferry and meet you en route

Count me in. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
19 min, that did take you a while ;)

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
That's true. Holidays and motorbikes are important to me :)

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Going to speak to Ben ?
I will do but he is planning a trip across Canada (in a car unfortunately) so I don't think he will manage this. I'll let him know though

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I'm doing a maternity cover contract. if the woman does the 9 months she suggested I'll be free. But she is entitled to stay for a year, so I cannot commit.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm doing a maternity cover contract. if the woman does the 9 months she suggested I'll be free. But she is entitled to stay for a year, so I cannot commit.
No worrys
When you know what's happening let me know and we have a look what we can do :thumbright:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Would love to join the Vader Soiree, but I'm off on a road trip in the usa instead best laid plans & all that !

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Right. I'm in... I have the OK from her indoors. Let me know as soon as this is definite and I'll get ferries sorted out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I could be interested in this. Was going up that way last week in may, then on to the Ukraine and back through the Balkans. a short holiday before a bike tour sounds good. will let you know nearer the time if I can make the time, if that's ok .

Eamonn.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Right. Ben can't make this one.

Looking at ferries and the way they work it out you pay for the bike (£32 each way) and the cabin for 2 (£117 each way) so £298 for me and the bike return. The annoying thing is were I to take a pillion it would still cost the same. If anyone else wants to come and can take the ferry they would pay £32 each wayfor the bike and we could split the cost of the cabin so total cost each would come down to £180 return.

Three of us with three bikes would be £480 / 3 = £160 return (bigger cabin needed)
and four and four bikes would be £540 / 4 £140 return

I know its expensive but it misses out 1500 miles of motorway and saves me overnight accommodation at Amsterdam so it's worth it.

Plan would be to leave Newcastle on Sat 12th sailing (late afternoon) and meet the Vaders etc. in Amsterdam on the Sunday morning (arrival 09:30)

Return Ferry on the Saturday 23rd and arrive Newcastle Sunday 24th

So is anyone else interested?

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Important change of dates. See first post

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
IMPORTANT
CHANGE OF DATES
NOW FROM THE 9TH-19TH OF JUNE

Sorry for all the date swopping but I am allowed to take leave in June now and since the weather will be a little warmer in June we go then
We will be leaving on sat 9th and make our way to a campsite in Holland,hoping to meet up with out dutch friends Rubberchicken and Buggles. A few shandy in the evening maybe :toothy1: Next day meet up with our Scottish folk and make our way over to Krautland :toothy10:
Same coming back,get to the campsite on the 18th and then back to the UK on the 19th

We have decided to visit the area my brother lives in. Northern Germany near Kiel(Ploen) its near Danmark so i a fancy a trip to Copenhagen.
Going to be a budget trip,so it will be camping and do our own cooking.Its not going to be a biking Holiday,its a holiday on bikes not big miles every day more sight seeing.
Nothing planned,all play by ear stuff. Everyone free to do their own thing.A bit like the 2010 trip to Germany.
Planning to leave on the train on the saturday morning,stop over in Holland(few sherbets and a nice meal)then go on to Ploen.I think staying at one campsite would be the thing to do.Lots of places to do/see on a day trip basis.

So anyone fancy joining us?
ya ******* we will be in france then:( i was hoping to ride my spitfire complete with RAF livery over there :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
What smoking with holes in it :toothy1:
you would have been on the thick end of a straffing run well before then my friend:D:D:D:D:D but that flack is a bit of a *******:blob7:

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Pete, I know of campsite pretty close to the centre of Copenhagen, and if you enter DK from the West then I know a couple of locations close to Blavand that you HAVE to visit !! :thumbup: :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts