Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
I would deffo be interested in going on this, if there is room for an old Scotsman. :D:D

Andy.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Always space for you Andy but I must warn you,the odd shandy might be consumed on this trip :toothy10:
Well that's our old geezer sorted out. Now to find a Welsh woman with no sense of direction and the group dynamics are complete.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
This years sticker all ready to piss off the locals

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
The sticker alone is enough to make me wish I could join you all :blob7:. Nice one Boris :thumbup:.

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Always space for you Andy but I must warn you,the odd shandy might be consumed on this trip :toothy10:
When you say odd, do you mean the occasional glass, or some kind of demon Germanic mixture that's likely to incapacitate an old man?;):D:D

Andy.

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
well nearly

We would leave from Ploen to Copenhagen (Breakfast in copenhagen?with a Danish?:toothy10:) then back over a little bridge towards ploen again.
Would be a long day but it gets light real early and stays light long into the evening

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thought we could use this Campsite

Aktuelles

you got a language tab if it should come up in german

not cheap(about 20 euro per night for the 2 of us) but the other sites are only a little cheaper and charge for things like the showers and rubbish removal where abouts on this one its all included

We would have to decide on things soon as i just found out that the worlds biggest sailing regatta is happening in Kiel at the time when we are there

Kiel Week - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FESTIVAL TIME :blob8::blob7::blob8::blob7:

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Ok starting to do a bit of planning,so how about this?
Too far for a daytrip? I mean we have old people with us again:cool::toothy10:

Pl?n, Germany to Pl?n, Germany - Google Maps

i wonder if that works?
or shall we have a few days camping in Denmark?
Yeah, yeah, pick on the old guys. :p;)

The trip to Denmark and back is doable, but it would cut the sightseeing to a minimum, I would be up for an overnight stay in Denmark. :D

Andy.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Kobenhavn.

The place to camp must be here ? København, Köpenhamn, Kopenhagen, Copenhaque. med skov, strand og ro. Peacefull and quiet near beach and park.
It's on the road which presents itself as the nicest ride in Denmark, which is the coast road From Copenhagen to Helsingor (If you wanted to you could cross to Sweden at Helsingor (20 min crossing) have a nose around Helsinborg, ride down to Landskroner and cross back to Denmark, landing 5mins away from campsite) As your bike would probably cost about thirty grand in Denmark, it'll be wall to wall posing for you ! :D

It's right on the beach and close to everywhere worth going.

Bakken the worlds oldest fun fair 5 minutes -. Bakken.dk: Forside :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Copenhagen central 15 mins

Danmarks Aquarium 5 mins Danmarks Akvarium

Get your dr*gs from Christiania :D 20 minutes - Locals' guide to Christiania in Copenhagen - YouTube

The Little mermaid 10 mins The Little Mermaid statue in Copenhagen Harbor of the Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale figure The Little Mermaid - Copenhagen Pictures

Boat to Bornholm (island in the b Baltic) where you can sail on from, to Sweden/Poland or where ever ?15 mins

Boat to Landskronar (Sweden) 5 mins

Tuborg factory 5 minutes (tours)

Charlottenlund race track (horse trotting) 10 mins :thumbup::thumbup:

Carslberg factory tour - Visit Carlsberg - Guided Tours :thumbup:

Royal Copenhagen Porcelain tour - Royal Copenhagen webshop :thumbup::thumbup:

Only other place on the Island worth looking at is the Viking Museum at Roskilde. Vikingeskibsmuseet Roskilde: The Viking Ship Museum in Roskilde, Denmark :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

On the other hand if you were to venture to the west cost you could play here ! Camp at Vejers Strand Camping Denmark South Jutland County - ACSI Eurocampings you're two minute from miles of white sand that you can legally ride on and three mins from Europe's largest military training area. Which is open at weekends (certain) to public 4x4 etc.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Oh, and while your there you can clean up that sh*t your grandad left on the beach ! :hitler:

German Bunkers: Atlantic Wall in Denmark Battery Bunker Atlantikwall Batterie WW2 (Hitler) - YouTube

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Yeah, yeah, pick on the old guys. :p;)

The trip to Denmark and back is doable, but it would cut the sightseeing to a minimum, I would be up for an overnight stay in Denmark. :D

Andy.
After looking at Soho's post (thanks Nick :thumbup:) I must agree. I propose a 2 night stay at the campsite SoHo mentioned. I been to the Roskilde Viking museum before and its pretty cool. Plus the scenic ride to collect a Swedish sticker sounds good as well
What you say guys,go there mid-week and have look around the place.
P.s. need to bring our own booze from Germany. What I remember alcohol is a bit steep over in Viking land

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Ok how about this?

Arrive on Sunday in Ploen/Germany
Stay till Wednesday
Wed leave for Copenhagen
Stay for 2 nights camping, which would give us a full day in/around Copenhagen
Friday make our way back to Ploen the long way round ;)
Sat/Sunday Festival in Kiel with my Brother and his wife
Monday start making our way back
We are staying over somewhere in Holland(near Buggles ;))on our way to and from germany arriving in uk on Tuesday

So what you think guys?
Anyone wants to do something else? Different plans?
Problem is we would need to book soonish as the places get packed with that Kiel festival on.

Calling Soho agin
What would you suggest for a full day near Copenhagen? I've been to Roskilde and its cool just not sure if it is everyones cupa tea
Going into the city?Doing the Mermaid pics? What else?

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Sounds OK to me although I still have to hear from Boris about the plan for the Scottish riders. We were thinking of leaving on the Thursday ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam and perhaps taking a couple of days pootling about and then meet up on Saturday at Ploen. :thumbright: On the way home we would all be together going down to Amsterdam where we would catch the ferry back to Newcastle.............I hope. ;)

Andy.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Ferries booked. Germany here we come :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
OK Now that I've booked the ferries and I've had time to read the whole thread I can hardly wait.

The proposed itinerary looks fantastic and I'm up for all of this.

This is going to be a cracker :)

21 - 40 of 48 Posts