Honda XRV Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Right guys

Major Feck up

Just tried to apply for my new passport and the fecking krauts changed the rules.You got to apply in person,for this you need to book a appointment and the ealiest i can get one is the 19th of june :(. After that its still another 6-8 weeks before i get my passport.

I am so sorry about this guys.I still will do all the booking for the campsites and everything and point you towards the sight seeing places.My litttle brother can push you into the direction of the festival but we unfortunatly will not be able to join you :(

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Right guys

Major Feck up

Just tried to apply for my new passport and the fecking krauts changed the rules.You got to apply in person,for this you need to book a appointment and the ealiest i can get one is the 19th of june :(. After that its still another 6-8 weeks before i get my passport.

I am so sorry about this guys.I still will do all the booking for the campsites and everything and point you towards the sight seeing places.My litttle brother can push you into the direction of the festival but we unfortunatly will not be able to join you :(
Feck sake. German efficiency my arse. If they were like that in 1939 they would never have got past the Polish borders and I wouldn't have had such a reflective day at Auschwitz on Saturday gone.

Well. As the ferry tickets and leave are both booked we are committed to these dates so it looks like a Scottish - Germany invasion. Our plans are to leave the Thursday before (7th June) take in two days in the Möhnesee area where we could sightsee the Dams and play on the fantastic roads and then head north to Plön and the surrounding area returning on the Monday 18th ferry at Amsterdam.

If anyone wants to come along or suggest different destinations then please do.

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Fekin Germans, my old man told me not to trust them.:toothy10: Seriously though, I am sad to hear that you are having all the passport trouble, bit of a shame really as I was looking forward to enjoying a few beers/laughs with you and Debs.

PS. I reckon me and Boris will probably give you a slap at Galloway. ;):D

Andy.

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Right guys

Major Feck up

I find it ironic that your German, you can't remember how to speak German and now they won't let you back in :D

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Just like the first invasion trip in the forties, all planning to get in to Britain and no back up plan to get back. To much bureaucracy and form filling to escape. No wonder michal kane could not escape in the eagle has landed.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
PS. I reckon me and Boris will probably give you a slap at Galloway. ;):D
A SLAP?

It will be more than that. Not because he can't make it to Germany but because those Arian genes are suppose to make him more not less organised. :) I feel a stingy nettle fight coming on.

Anyway I bet he wont make it to Galloway as he will no doubt forgotten to get his visa sorted. :toothy1:

·
In search of 7th gear!
933 Posts
That sucks Vader!

Do you really need the passport though? Don't you have an ID card? I remember being able to travel between UK & Netherlands with regular photo-ID, and in Europe (Schengen Treaty) you shouldn't need anything else...

Let me know if you still want me to arrange the campsite... I figured this one would be nice: Allurepark De Zeven Linden (site's in Dutch). €7.50 for bike + tent, and €3.00 per person (ex. tourist tax).

Nice big pitches, and you're allowed to bbq, provided it's up off the ground.

JB

·
Toolbox
295 Posts
Right guys

Major Feck up
You got to be kidding. You can get an interim passport anytime within 10 minutes in Germany, which is good until the final one arrives. The interim may only give you problems at the U.S. border, but certainly not between UK and Germany - what the heck you need a passport for coming to Germany anyways? I travel to Southampton every four weeks on my I.D.-card.
And I would bet you´ll get into Germany anytime with an expired German passport anyways - but you´ll have to go searching for cops first, there ain´t border controls between Germany and the Netherlands.
Cheers
Chris

41 - 48 of 48 Posts