Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had to do a couple of chores for the wife, needed to pick some work up from Llanfairfechan Hospital and from Glyndwr University in Wrexham. So I thought what better way to do it than to to it on the bike.

It was a great day out, but it was cold!
Very cold!
I lost count of the number of gritting lorries I've passed. Also lost count of the number of bike, trikes and bikes with sidecars that were heading into Snowdonia along the A5 - I assume that there is some sort of meet on as I've literally seen a couple of hundred bikers? In fact my neck got so sore with nodding that I had to start waving hello at them!!! :laughing6:

My only regret is that when I nipped to Llandudno to go around the Marine Drive I got collared to pay on the toll road. I've never had to pay at this time of year before, the owners must have decided to cash in on the winter tourist/users of the drive! Oh well, at least it's only £1.50.

All in all I rode about 185+miles and had a great day out, but did I mention it was cold?
Even after an hour in the gym working hard I still feel frozen!!!
Better see if a hot bath with the wife will warm me up!! :p

As for the route, this is what I did:

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I managed to get out for a couple of hours on monday to go and see how my son was getting on with his winter bike maintenance at the motorbike shop where he is working on a months work experience thing ,it was only a 30 mile round trip on dry salted roads..It was only just above freezing and I found myself missing the heated grips one of my previous bikes had.My toes and fingers took a while to warm up with the help of a pint mug of tea when I got back..After I put the cover back on the bike it started snowing again and didnt stop for a few days.Might have another ride out when the snow melts next week some time.:thumbup:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Lovely,
I try to get Lilly (my Tranny) out at least once a week through the winter.
Took her out for a couple of hours on Thursday afternoon, only 75 miles and at least it was above freezing here, getting close to 5 deg in fact.
Positively balmy compared to Wales,,,,,,,,,,,,
But doesn't it feel good?
Okay, it can get a bit nippy, but it sure as hell wakes you.
For my money the Transalp is the best cure yet for SAD, should be available on prescription,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
But doesn't it feel good?
Okay, it can get a bit nippy, but it sure as hell wakes you.
A huge mug of tea or hot chocolate tastes much better after you get home from a cold ride out...:D:D:D
Suddenly I find I have a use for them socks my mother in law knitted me for christmas.:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts