Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I washed (shock horror) the AT the other day and noticed a hairline crack on my end can (Lazer Produro) where the oval section joins/becomes the round section at the engine end. Only about 1" long and not blowing, can it be welded?

I know ... I had to be really close to see it ... I know, I should get the kids to do the fiddly bits as they have small hands ... no chance, they were "cleaning" the chain ... did I get it in the neck from the mrs ... what do you think!!!!!:hitler:

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
I have the same problem with my BSM Future link pipe. I'm sure you can weld it, but up here I don't know anyone who can deal with stainless. Lots of people can. I was also wondering if it might be possible to brase stainless - anyone know?

G

·
SS welding (no nothing to do with :hitler:) can be done via lots of different welders (arc, MIG, gas) but the best and cleanest will always be TIG (that reminds me must get the gas bottle refilled for TIG soon :rolleyes:) You can braze anything, but on a downpipe probably not recommended (a silencer..etc would be fine)

Take it to any sheet metal working place (make sure it's cleaned first and off the bike) and someone there would probably do it in thier lunchbreak for a few beer tokens (£10+)

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
That's good to know Kymmy - thanks. This is the link pipe on mine, rather than the down pipe. I might give it a go (I binned my MIG welder before I moved up here - no room. Ah well...).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts