Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deb has been told that she will not be able to get 3weeks leave next year which means our US trip has to be postponed :(
On to plan B
Nothing proper planned yet but will involve the Stella ( Jim&Fi :thumbup:) lots of other passes in the alps, the castle route through southern Germany, as many German festival as I can fit in, former east German sites of interest, Berlin and the north of Germany where my brother lives
So if anyone is interested watch this space.
p.s yes I have a passport now, so you can save your cheap jokes :toothy1:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Gutted for you Pete

Answer you PM !!

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Really sorry to hear the news Pete as I know you were both looking forward to going. However, if you are going to Germany are old men allowed?

Andy.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really sorry to hear the news Pete as I know you were both looking forward to going. However, if you are going to Germany are old men allowed?

Andy.
Are we talking old , ancient or you?:toothy1:
That's a right kick in the... Tell her to quit the day before you leave, then get another job when she returns :D
Cool idea but unfortunately Deb earns more then me. She needs to keep the job for future panzer purchases :toothy10:

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Gutted for you both. :(

I know you were both really looking forward to it, and you had put a lot of effort and planning in to it.

Debs - if you are that important at work that they can't manage without you for 3 weeks, remind them of that at the next review / pay talks!

Stay positive. Many years ago I was almost on a cruise for a month as an entertainer. Boss didn't like giving me leave - at all - but grudgingly gave in. Then it all fell apart at 2 weeeks to go when the guitar players girlfriend told him he couldn't go :tool:. A slight consolation of not going on the cruise was that I could go to a friends wedding, where I met my (now) wife. So sometimes something good can come from a real disappointment :D

Whatever you do as an alternative could turn out to the be the best trip ever. :thumbright:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
an ex-work colleague had a similar dilemma. The answer was simple book the 2 weeks and pick up a mystery virus at the end of the holiday delaying their return.:D:D

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Bollox , I have booked my holidays. Bollox bollox bollox

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Deb has been told that she will not be able to get 3weeks leave next year which means our US trip has to be postponed :(
On to plan B
:
You need to spend the three weeks next year in the US sussing out the place so that when Debs can go she will enjoy it more, a totally selfless recognisance mission
:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Stunned to read this thread I was looking forward to reading Pete's report of conquering the U S A, now we'll have to read some more German stuff on Germany instead.
Really gutted for both of you, are you doing the Stella instead ?

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys. It's a but of a kick in the .... but it just means we postponed the trip. Defo not cancelled as its a big tick on our bucket list. Yep hoping to do the Stella and some of the passes in the alps before doing a inspection of the Fatherland :hitler:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
an ex-work colleague had a similar dilemma. The answer was simple book the 2 weeks and pick up a mystery virus at the end of the holiday delaying their return.:D:D
Or get on the same shift pattern as me i book 6 days holiday from work and i get 3 weeks off:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts