Honda XRV Forum banner

A HUGE problem on my Transalp xl 700v 2011 model

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  trans70061 
#1 ·
  • This applies to a 2011 model XL 700V.
    It has gone 53000 km. The problem started at about 50000 km.
    Is there anyone in Norway who has had the same symptoms?
    Or is it a Reodor Felgen out there who has some smart input?
    I posted this last year and got some tips, but without result.
    Have gone in and out of Mc Oslo's workshop. They have also been in contact with Honda and others in the same industry.
    ABSOLUTELY none of them have been bothering or hearing about the same problem!
    Now they have changed the tp sensor, the cdi brain, gone over all the earthing points, switched the wiring harness between the brain and div, other contacts. Checked sensors, Etc .....
    SYMPTOMS:
    The bike goes smoothly for a while, (Everything from a few miles to several miles)
    Then I get the keying lugging and it stays on constant throttle or on the rest gas.
    FI also comes occasionally. Either at startup or when the lugging is in progress.
    They detect voltage failure, but the diagnostic tool is struggling as there is no constant error ....

Rediger eller slett dette

• We also try a new comlete injection, but still the same problem. :-(

Hello Transalp friends in Norway.This applies to a 2011 model XL 700V.It has gone 53000 km. The problem started at about 50000 km.Is there anyone in Norway who has had the same symptoms?Or is it a Reodor Felgen out there who has some smart input?I posted this last year and got some tips, but without result.Have gone in and out of Mc Oslo's workshop. They have also been in contact with Honda and others in the same industry.ABSOLUTELY none of them have been bothering or hearing about the same problem!Now they have changed the tp sensor, the cdi brain, gone over all the earthing points, switched the wiring harness between the brain and div, other contacts. Checked sensors, Etc .....SYMPTOMS:The bike goes smoothly for a while, (Everything from a few miles to several miles)Then I get the keying lugging and it stays on constant throttle or on the rest gas.FI also comes occasionally. Either at startup or when the lugging is in progress.They detect voltage failure, but the diagnostic tool is struggling as there is no constant error ....Hope there are some here who can help solve the problem.ALL (serious) tips are received with a BIG thank you.

See less See more
#2 ·
i had a simular problem last year, bike would be running great, then it would just lunge into full throttle, then loose power, i would pull to the side of the road, turn off the engine, then restart, and it would be fine, FOR A WHILE, got a fault code for the TP, which is not a part that can be bought seperately, so i got a second hand throttle body, and swapped out the tps, worked great for a week, then i removed the fuel tank, and disconnected the big plug, from the main loom and the throttle body sub loom, cleaned it, putit back together, and have not had the problem since !!

#6 ·
I have just had an erratic electrical error on my 650 TA ranging from not starting, to erratic running then all was fine fine, to charging problems and rough running, sometimes the dash lights and clocks were all erratic too
I checked everything including swapping battery and regulator testing alternator disconnecting all connector blocks and spraying with electrical spray etc.
It turned out to be one of the top radiator hose clips was positioned so it was pressing into the wiring loom under the fuel tank, moved the clip and all faults have gone.
I had almost given up and it was only that i had a fuel issue that i spotted this clip whilst taking the Tank/carburettors off to check float heights etc

Hope you find your issue soon...

#8 ·
Hello.
Finally. The error was that they did not have enough knowledge to fine-tune the TP Sensor. They did not have that computer program to get it properly adjusted. They have just tried to adjust without it. So now the mc store has a big explanation problem to justify this. I will require very cheap services and cheap parts and clothing in the future. Incredible to make such a mistake at an authorized workshop. Have a good summer. Greetings Einar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.