Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disaster...

I've run out of coffee.

OK not too much of a disaster but I do like a cuppa and the coffee I thought I had in the cupboard is not there so we are out.

Well almost. I've found a bottle (yes a bottle) of Camp Coffee which is a rare Scottish delicacy form about 100 years ago. No idea how long it's been hiding in the cupboard but it's been pressed into service and its rather morish.

I'm not sure the name has stood the test of time though.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eeew it's full of chicory yuk yuk yuk
It's one of these coffees that to take a sip of and think it's rather nice and different. Then by the time you get to the last of the mug it's 'orrible

Needs to be drunk out of little tea cups I suspect

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
I remember Camp coffee. My dad used to drink it. I always thought it was foul. Mind dad also used to drink tea by boiling tea leaves in a pan and adding condensed milk. Something to do with being brought up in India.

We always had ace curries though :)

Sent from my iPhone with a smile :)

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I remember Camp coffee, it brings a foul taste to my mouth.
I have a pack of two in one coffee in the cupboard for when I run out of the real stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
IF, summer ever arrives, try it in a proper milkshake, with vanilla ice cream and ice. It's deeelish!!
Bloody hell, haven't seen tried Camp coffee in years :confused:

In winter, try it with a splodge of Drambuie, warms the nether regions quite considerably :thumbup::D:D

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
IF, summer ever arrives, try it in a proper milkshake, with vanilla ice cream and ice. It's deeelish!!
Yes, I've done that too

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Bloody hell, haven't seen tried Camp coffee in years :confused:

In winter, try it with a splodge of Drambuie, warms the nether regions quite considerably :thumbup::D:D
John !! Does everything revolve around Drambuie?

I guess with my tolerance of alcohol everything would be revolving around me !!

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
I thought you were supposed to drink it John. :wink: :iconbiggrin:

Andy.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
As a kid Camp coffee is all I'd ever had and thought thats what coffee tasted like. 30 years on I saw some which brought to the fore fond memories of my childhood until that is I tasted it! that stuff is vile how I ever formed fond memories of it I'll never know......Its the devils ceptic puss.......vile I tell you VILE:puke:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts