Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Stone Crazy
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A long way off but classic japfest at Haynes museum next sept sun 15th

Organised by Cheesy from the VJMC , a date for the diary
CLASSIC BIKE JAPFEST at Haynes Motor Museum on September 15th 2013.

Its a new show on Sunday 15th of September, being co-ordinated by Cheesy of the Taunton & Bridgewater section of the VJMC

Free camping for exhibitors on the Saturday night

Tickets for the public will include entrance to the Haynes Museum, so will be loads to see

This will be the first year of the show, so details are not set; albeit agreed in principle with the VJMC and Haynes

Cheesy is hoping that the price will be lower, at £10.00, than the normal price to enter Haynes (which next year will be £11.95, so a good saving plus you get to see the bikes).

Entry to the show, Museum, Autojumble and camping is all free for exhibitors.

Plus cash prizes for first place in the categories.

Haynes is currently undergoing a large expansion which should be finished in the spring, so there should be more to see than in the past

Website Classic Japfest

facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/108051736025339/

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Re: A long way off but classic japfest at Haynes museum next sept sun 15th

Thanks for this Merv I would love to go to this

Make sure you chase us all up nearer the time please

Paul

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
491 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up....maybe I'll have my CB750K6 back on the road by then.

·
Stone Crazy
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Bristol classic show is this month at Shepton mallet showground, The Taunton and Bridgwater VJMC will be there in the Sedgemoor Hall, which is one of the two long halls that connect to the main hall, there will be flyers and entry forms for the Japfest available there , so if you visit the show go along and have a look at their stand and make yourself known, there will be some nice old Jap bikes there
Classic Bike Shows - 33rd Carole Nash Bristol Classic MotorCycle Show Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th February 2013

·
Stone Crazy
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
I'll be coming down to this

Not sure if I'll be camping yet

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Dont get back from hols until the 14th. :(:(. I bet this will be a good event too.:thumbup:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
remind me aswell i could be up for that one, never know if i start now i might be able to get fathers Suzuki GS850G restored in time for next years one

Reactions: Mervinh

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
The Honda Britain won't be ready for this but I will pop along on the @

·
Stone Crazy
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Press release by Haynes Motor Museum:-

FESTIVAL OF CLASSIC JAPANESE BIKES AT
HAYNES INTERNATIONALMOTOR MUSEUM

Haynes International Motor Museum in Sparkford will be hosting ‘Jap-Fest’ – a celebration of classic Japanese motorbikes on Sunday, September 15th.

Organised by the Taunton and Bridgwater section of the Vintage Japanese MotorCycle Club, the event is a one day festival celebrating vintage and classic motorcycles of Japan.

The show is expected to attract up to 300 motorcycles and will be held under cover in two large halls within the museum.

There will be classic and vintage Japanese motorcycles from the earliest examples in this country up to the modern but classic motorcycles of the last 15 years including racers, trials, tourers, mopeds, drag bikes, six cylinders, big fours, two stroke triples, all makes and all designs.

Festival organiser Nick Watson said: “It’s a fantastic opportunity to discover Japanese motorcycles you have never seen before and names you didn’t even know existed!

“You will be able to see where the modern Japanese motorcycle of today started and plot its course down through the years.

“Club displays of all the Japanese makes and models, plus private entries will fill the halls and make for an informative and fun day out for everyone to enjoy.

“Visitors will be able to talk to the owners about the bikes and restorations, see the bikes they either had in their youth or always wanted to have and get information on the clubs. It is an event not to be missed,” he added.

Included in the admission price is also access to Haynes International Motor Museum the UK’s largest exhibition of the greatest cars from around the world with over 400 amazing cars and bikes, from nostalgic classics of the 50’s and 60’s, glorious Bentleys and Rolls Royce’s to exciting super cars like the Jaguar XJ220.

There will also be outside auto jumble and trade stands, and the Motorcycle Mezzanine, which is part of the new development of Haynes International Motor Museum, will also be open.

The 330-square-metre display is a permanent home for the museum’s two-wheeled collection of around 70 motorbikes which include motorcycles from around the world and the Forshaw Speedway Collection – the world’s largest and most complete speedway display.

• The Classic Motorcycle Japfest is on Sunday, September 15th at Haynes International Motor Museum, Sparkford, Nr. Yeovil, Somerset, BA22 7LH. For details call 01963 442783 or visit www.haynesmotormuseum.co.uk

Issued by Haynes International Motor Museum. For more information or to arrange interviews/pictures or filming opportunities please contact Clair Holt on 01963 442783 or email: [email protected]
http://www.haynesmotormuseum.co.uk/

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
We are planning on riding up for it, but father doesn't get back from Austria until late The Night before (saturday) so all being well we will be there may even be able to meet up merv

·
Stone Crazy
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes i should be around the aircooledrd club stand with my red Rd i hope

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Thanks for the heads up about this. I would love to display my Honda CT90 there. Its an incentive to finish it.

·
Stone Crazy
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tis next week traveller so you better get a move on,

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Tis next week traveller so you better get a move on,
Oh dear, mis read the details :smile: Never mind. May try and get down there anyway but without the CT.

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
This looks interesting - may see if I can get to it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts