Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
mud muppet
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just been looking through the youtube and come across this footage that they are using as a new bike saftey campagne, i know all of you are experianced bikers and dont need to watch this but it just gives you that little thought before something happens. do i really need to speed? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq2xStb0R-c

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
The problem developed so quickly. How many of us might be caught out in a similar situation? Mind you, the speedo indicates he was doing WELL over the speed limit.

·
mud muppet
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he was in no rush my point is why is there need for speeding like that if he had been doing the speed limit he may have been able to take avoiding action or even if he had hit the car he may not have been dead

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I was about to post the same video......I think we all need to watch it to help us understand how easy it is to loose the most precious asset we have, our lives. Difference between life and death, a matter of seconds....:-( i admire the family for being brave enough to post this. Article says he was doing 97 miles an hour.....we can all be caught in that situation but i believe speed played a big role in this poor fella's death. RIP and thoughts with the family.......slow down guys, we'll still get there on time......

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
The warning signs were there but ignored. The driver admits to not seeing the bike or the car which was following. 97 on a single carriageway is asking for trouble though.

Sent from my iPad using Stumps

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
god rest the poor man he liked to ride fast and I do myself but lucky for me I have calmed down a bit in recent years but to be perfectly honest I was a nutter on the road and I couldn't see any danger and its only pot luck that im still around . but even though I have slowed the dangers are still there I approach junctions with self preservation in mind I fitted a much stronger horn to my old transalp and I'm not afraid to use it either.

I hold it on to get their attention . I tread very carefully in urban areas and I am a firm believer in the old saying you never know what around the next corner ( and I have seen it all from farmers stopping for a chat on fast roads right next to a bend to fat drunk women in not so little little black dresses pulling each other around the road by the hair and roaring at each other in badly lit streets ) and I look at over taking as a dangerous activity .

I don't bother if the other vehicles are making reasonable progress . im only riding from one place to another its not a race if it was my bike with have race number plates on the sides and there wouldn't be any tractors lorry's cyclists dog walkers women with double buggies out walking off the baby fat or visually impaired elderly and some not so elderly but not all that bright .

they maybe even hung over or whacked out of their head on tranquilisers and thinking they are in a cartoon .some motorists I have seen doing some un ****ing believable shit on the road like they think it super Mario cart and some motorcycle riders are capable of doing anything . I know this because I was one of them . the lesson to be learnt from all of this is ride to live and if you want to go fast take it to the track to find that in reality you can only ride like a girl and not Marie Costello either . let the man rest in peace and learn from his costly mistake of rideing faster than is advisable on the public road . take it easy people .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts